Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Chek yer screwz!

Old 11-02-2007, 09:47 PM

Default RE: Chek yer screwz!

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

I've NO explanation for how that happens.

I DO!!! The same idjut dat dint screw da scope down tite, dint screw da plug in all da way. Jeez, dis aint 2 hard ta figgur out. Da mind's about da third thang dat goes when ya git old. Da firstiz da speelin.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:24 AM

Although I didn't have to spend that type of cash I did have the head ache from the very same issue once with my Target bow.

I kept shooting & shooting but could not figure out why I couldn't settle down my shots at 20 yards!
Finally gave up after the 60th arrow "was so Pi$$ed at my self for not being able to even make a group that was worth a darn & ofcorse the head ache" I placed my bow in the vice to call it a night, sat at my desk & my little girl "5 at the time" said "Daddy you got somethin gone from there - pointing at my bow sight."

Low & behold one of the mount screws for the sight was gone & the other was holding it just enough to keep the sight movement down to 1/4"
Needless to say I felt dumb too for not looking my bow over before I had gotten that far.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, Cdad animal, I did screw the plug all the way in. I've explained on the DWB forum how I KNOW that to be the case and not even UC has become that ... whut wuz it?

But it boils down to having made a witness mark on my ramrod based upon the first load. On the second load, the witness mark got swallowed in the bore. An ah sayed, "whut?".