Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

anyone else get a letter from midsouth

Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default anyone else get a letter from midsouth

Telling them their credt card information might have been stolen????
Got a letter yesterday telling me my credit card number may have been stolen......
sorry for any inconvienience.
Had to call & close that account and apply for a new number. That means I'll be without a credit card for over a week!
Looks like Midsouth will loose at least one customer over their lack of security! My wife says absolutely no more dealing with them.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: anyone else get a letter from midsouth

No I did not get that letter, andI buy a lot of stuff from them. Thanks for the heads up. I will give them a call right away. Something you might want to look into is a virtual card. It never gives the store your "actual" credit card number. I got one through Citibank.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:59 PM

Haven't gotten the letter, and hope I don't! As far as I know, Midsouth has a guarantee on the safety of online transactions at their site.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I use Midsouth a lot. No letter yet.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Dominant Buck

I tried to call them to speak to the accounting department. Needless to say I was put on hold and then the person I was suppose to talk to had left for lunch. I think they might be getting swamped with calls.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The letter said the "attack" was in late August. It came from outside the US and they have retained a computer security firm to investigate.
This identity theft is really getting to be a problem! Last year my ssn & personal information was stolen from my state's tax records! The state gave me 1 free year of enrollment with a firm that protects my finances by alerting me anytime an application for a credit card or loan is filed in my name. If I don't personallyapprove it it is denied and an investigation is started to find who applied!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

I got one yesterday. Some SOB in Florida got my debit card # and bought $200 worth of cd's. I wish mid south informed of this in August.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Nimrodder

I got one yesterday. Some SOB in Florida got my debit card # and bought $200 worth of cd's. I wish mid south informed of this in August.
Wow, I buy a lot of things from them also. Will look into this. This will kill their business.
Chap Gleason
Old 10-17-2007, 07:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

You would be surprised how many businesses are not prpperly fire-walled. Worked for some folks who had a pretty good sized environmental company butwould not pay $30,000to get everything properly fire-walled. Yep, they got hit. Lots ofcompany secrets and bidding information gone into cyber-space.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've only ordered one time from the and it was via the telephone. Was the information stolen only on web orders? I haven't gotten a letter yet.

Quick Reply: anyone else get a letter from midsouth

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.