Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

help figuring out my next muzzleloader

Old 10-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default help figuring out my next muzzleloader

I am planning on getting another muzzleloader next august, I have to save up money and my target amount around $600 and wanted to give myself enough time to get to that amount. I was thinking about the knight roll back. The $600 also for a scope for it.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: help figuring out my next muzzleloader

Well you have almost an entire year to consider all the possible rifles out here. By them a lot more reviews will be in on all the different new rifles, and scopes. Sounds like a good idea. Save your money, consider all the rifles that interest you, and by then you will have the money to make the purchase..
Old 10-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

yep, as long as the law stays the same, and the price is good, buy 2 I like

just kidding. but I am keeping my options open, but I have ruled out most of the cva line up, I don't like most of there stocks, and the electra I am not sure it is legel or going to be to hunt with in va.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

corey012778

Well, if they are legal in your state - I think the one the better - new - modern guns out there is the Knight KRB... They are even reasonably priced, unless you choose the upper end camo jobs. If they are in your price range, I would rate them higher than any of the CVA offerings and possibly just ahead of the Omega line. The proven accurate GM barrel, removable trigger group and easy cleaning surely are appealing.

I need another ML like I need a hole in the head - but I keep looking at those KRB's, it is just a good thing they are not being stocked in this area as the 3 pacific Northwest states still do not allow 209/primer ignition + other things that most states do allow.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:36 PM

Since Virginia specifically allows for smokeless in the muzzleloader season, I would not look any further than a Savage ML-II. Add in a scope and an inexpensive digital scale, it might be a little bit more than $600, but well worth it IMO.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

209 is legel in va, I got almost a year to think about it, so right now anything and everything is open.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

corey012778

Well, if they are legal in your state - I think the one the better - new - modern guns out there is the Knight KRB... They are even reasonably priced, unless you choose the upper end camo jobs. If they are in your price range, I would rate them higher than any of the CVA offerings and possibly just ahead of the Omega line. The proven accurate GM barrel, removable trigger group and easy cleaning surely are appealing.
You probably already read this on another site but I caved in and bought a KRB7 (stainless-synthetic) $301.00 delivered. I am really impressed with the quality and the function. Drop out trigger hammer group really does drop out easy. Barrel can be removed from the action with a bolt that is same hex as the breechplug so same wrench works. Rolling Block primer carrier really works great. Have not even shot it yet but it is becomming my favorite (well next to my Whites the favorite). Rifle seems to fit me well and with a Burris Fullfield Ballistic plex scope on medium Warne QD rings everything falls into line well.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

Since Virginia specifically allows for smokeless in the muzzleloader season, I would not look any further than a Savage ML-II. Add in a scope and an inexpensive digital scale, it might be a little bit more than $600, but well worth it IMO.
I will 2nd what doegirl75 said. I got my black syn stock, stainless barrel from D-i-c-k-s Sporting Goods in Sterling andpaid $550 for it (Special Order). Thescope is another $200. $100 for rings and mounts. I bought a Lee scale for $29. The are accurate guns and fun to shoot.
Chap Gleason