Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C OMEGA,CVA OPTIMA BREECH PLUG

Old 10-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default T/C OMEGA,CVA OPTIMA BREECH PLUG

Has anyone converted there 209 breech plug over to a .25ACP Breech Plug Conversion kit or something compatable to this for better accuracy,if so I could use some advice here I just got T/C Omega 50Cal.and was told you can tighten groups up alot by converting this Breech plug over so you don't get a bunch of flyers,anyone ever change theres is there a big difference........Ted
Old 10-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: T/C OMEGA,CVA OPTIMA BREECH PLUG

First, if you run a search and find it theres a post a week or two a go that tells what size drills ect for doing your own conversion. Some very good intellagent people on here have said that while there is a big difference in clean up and blow back they could NOT tell any differance in accuracy. Lee
Old 10-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I really wonder if the simple change over to a 25 ACP casing would stop the fliers? The rifle was made to shoot a 209. I hate to change any rifle's designuntil I have tried all options. Be very attentive to your powder charges, projectiles, cleaning routine, swabbing, and how you address the rifle on the range. I think that would do more to end fliers then a simple different ignition system.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

bucksnortinted

To be honest with you I see no difference in accuracy - where I do see the difference is in the cleanliness of the gun - it is worth every dime and I would not go back....

I shoot the same groups before as i do now... really good groups...
Old 10-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

it has been a while since I have had a muzzle loader and I never did like to clean em that much when I did have em,but I never knew how important it wasto clean em as good as they need to betill the last year.now I have a new tc omega and I want to take care of it properly for safety and accuracy,if it don't make any difference in the breech in accuracy,its like if it ain't broke don't fix it,but I do need to brush up on powder and different loads and cleaners I have a deposit on the gun now if my scope gets here tomorrow I am going to go get it put on the gun,I know if I need help on getting the right combination of powder and bullets etc,I know there is enough knowledgable people here to get some help.........Ted