Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

25 ACP converstion

Old 10-05-2007, 12:53 AM

Default 25 ACP converstion

Was wondering what people thought of this converstion. For those who have done it what are the pros and cons. I got one for a New England Firearm and we had a lot of miss fires. I thought about getting one for my new muzzle loader yet I don't want to have to worry about miss fires.

Thanks

River Rat
Old 10-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 25 ACP converstion

River Rat

Might check this thread out.... but the 25acp is great option for the guns that have it available...

The vari-flame adaptor might also be available - but IMO it is not near as functional as the 25acp - especially if you you choose to shoot often.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2358829
Old 10-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey River Rat. Don't know why you were getting miss fires with your NEF. Were you getting a primer pop that wasn't setting off the charge, or was the firing pin not popping the primer? Shooting loose powder or pellets? I've been using CCI 400 small rifle primers in my ACP conversion with loose Triple 7 and have never had a miss fire.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:38 AM

I use Tripple Seven Powder (FFF) and I was getting a pop (the primmer was firing). I was confused that it wasn't igniting the powder and I wasn't going to get one for my new muzzleloader if this was going to be a problem.

Thanks for all the help.

River Rat