Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Who determines "Black Powder Substitute"?

Old 10-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who determines "Black Powder Substitute"?

There is NO point in arguing/discussing this hereas the decision is made by those empowered in your state to set hunting regs. You should ask for a clear rulingfrom them and thenlobby them for change if that is desired.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Let's keep common sense out of this discussion Underclocked.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Typical Buck

The game agencies along with the State Legislatures determine what the definition of legal BP substitutes are within their jurisdictions. There isn't any hidden loophole because everything isheld to very clear standards.
The traditionalists like toclaim that inlines somehow sneaked in to thehunting seasonsthrough somekind of loophole, and that's not true. They were sanctioned every place where they became legal, even if it was onlyby decidingto not try tooutlaw them.
Similarly, new substitute powders aren't going to be sneaked in to the hunting seasonsby a simplistic relabeling ploy either. They are simply notlegally accepted black powder substitutes asspecified in writtenlaws & reg.'s.
It's the state politics of hunting, pureand simple. And because the process of making laws is so crystal clear & transparent in this country, that is the only way to change the state hunting laws and regulations...through politics.
Politics is about power & influence, anddifferentgroups exercise it ineach state.
So what's to discuss other than how to change the law inany state? Thereneeds to be an organized group of citizens willing to fightfor it year after year until enough political progress is made to change the laws. It'sjust the truthful reality of politics.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

More common sense. DANG! What's this forum coming too?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Your getting saner and saner, semisane. Your going to have to change your name to partiallyinsane or bipolar or ADDT (Adult Attention Deficit Disorder---most guys have this to some degree)or some other classification in the Physicians Desk Reference or the Manual of Psychological Disorders.
Chap Gleason
Old 10-03-2007, 12:15 PM

Doegirl is right on, but unfortunately so is Articap.

Fortunately for me Arkansas must have had someone with common sense at the Legislature one day and they ignored it completely. If it is recommended by the manufacturer of your muzzleloader, in Arkansas you are clear to go. I have noted a couple other states that now use the "manufacturer's recommended powder" as their definition. Wish they all would do so as it would surely make it a lot easier to answer the question posed here.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Your getting saner and saner, semisane. Your going to have to change your name to partiallyinsane or bipolar or ADDT (Adult Attention Deficit Disorder---most guys have this to some degree) or some other classification in the Physicians Desk Reference or the Manual of Psychological Disorders.
Chap Gleason
Let's keep common sense out of this discussion Underclocked.
He could change his name to polesmoker and then change his sig to "My wife thinks I take big loads, but I think I'm just a polesmoker."

That's a muzzle loading joke... get it? load... smokepole... LAWL. If you want to troll and take shots. There you go. kiss my ass
Old 10-04-2007, 06:57 PM

this guy reminds me of me when i first came to the board!

I LOVE THIS GUY! lol j/k
Old 10-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

On another note. Not to undermine the discussion. Almost everyone brought some valid points. I still think it can be loopholed and challenged in court, but I will help support the legal process to try to get the wording fixed and hunt with the real stuff until then. I might just take the flint-lock smoothbore back out this year. That thing shoots like a dream. I got the lock all polished up and locktime is probably a half of a second with an extremely light trigger pull That .62 caliber does a pretty bang up job on deer as long as I don't get a hang fire and it's within 60-70 yards.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you want to troll and take shots. There you go. kiss my ass
Well, you sure got me there Moebedda. Now please tell me what the heck you're talking about??? If you think I was "taking shots" I apologize, that was not my intent. However,I will NOT kiss you.

Quick Reply: Who determines "Black Powder Substitute"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.