Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Traditions Pursuit Pro

Old 10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Traditions Pursuit Pro

All 10 of mine are Traditions and are tack drivers I will put up against any other. I keep all my loads at 100 grains because all mine love that point for some reason with a 250 gr bullet and shoot well out to 100 yds my max distance when shooting with a muzzy inline. Farthest shot in all my years was 70 yards, closest 5 yds. These are great guns and they keep improving materials, CVA is another great gun as well. Stay within the specs and your fine. That is a fine gun you have and a tack driver as well.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

No pics yet. I've got a scope base & rings on order, so I'll probably wait until they come in and I get a scope mounted before I shoot it anymore. I'll get a pic of it and the group if it performs like I hope it will. If not, I may get a pic or two and post in in the classifieds.
I like the break-open actions for cleaning, but I've never had one that was real accurate. This one is promising so far. Can't say I'm impressed with the looks and quality (camo synthetic stock, blued barrel & receiver) as the fore-end is kind of flimsy and the receiver finish is rough, but if it shoots good it will look a lot better!
One new thing happened today. The breech plug broke loose easily, but got tight as I tried to remove it? First turn was easy, then it jammed. I believe it was fouling around the enlarged "collar" on the rear of the plug. It uses a 7/16" hex wrench, so I brought it home and sprayed the breech areawith WD-40, then took an impact wrench and removed it. I then chucked the breech plug in the lathe & took a few thousandths off the "collar" (ring at the end of the breech plug just ahead of the 7/16" hex portion). I'll see how it comes out next time before I switch plugs or call Traditions.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:19 PM

More than likely just fouling. I get that too with my winchester every now and then when i shoot 14+ shots during the day. I dope up the plug really good at the end and then just screw it in slowly and finger tighten it.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

The last time i shot my Traduitions at the range i used some 777 primers for the first time , and that was the first time i ever had my breach plug hard to remove . It did the same thing as yours , firts turn was easy then it got very hard . I had to spray some oil down the barrel to loosen it up .