Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Idiot "campus gunman" armed w/ Muzzy loader

Old 09-27-2007, 08:00 PM

Default RE: Idiot "campus gunman" armed w/ Muzzy loader

Back in HS, you had to take your Asprin to the school nurse and she would keep it for you and if you needed any, they had to take note of it and then give you one.[:'(][:'(]

If they caught you with any in your locker, Oh boy you were 5 feet in deep....
Old 09-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Back in HS, you had to take your Asprin to the school nurse and she would keep it for you and if you needed any, they had to take note of it and then give you one.[:'(][:'(]

Wow, that's crazy. I grew up in a very small town in VA. My senior year of HS I killed a gobbler before school, came in and told my principal I had to leave for a little bit to go home and clean it. He said "No sense in that, lets just do it here in the parking lot and you can keep it in the food service dept's freezer till the end of school" So he and I went to the parking lot to my truck to clean it. While there he picked up my 870 out of the front seat and proceded to tell me about his turkey gun.... guess times have changed huh?
Old 09-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Spike

What a terrible sitaution that is. I dont know whats wrong with people anymore obviously the guy is totally insane. People like this is why there trying to ban us from being able to own firearms its sickening totally!!
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-30-2007, 06:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

The good folks of the Peoples Demokratic Republik of New York can look forward for a push torequire a personwho wants a muzzleloader to first obtain permission. i have been carefully watching the effort by the antis to ban.50 caliber BMG "sniper rifles."Some of thelegislation proposed at the state level would also ban .50 muzzleloaders?
Old 09-30-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TNHagies

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Wow, that's crazy. I grew up in a very small town in VA. My senior year of HS I killed a gobbler before school, came in and told my principal I had to leave for a little bit to go home and clean it. He said "No sense in that, lets just do it here in the parking lot and you can keep it in the food service dept's freezer till the end of school" So he and I went to the parking lot to my truck to clean it. While there he picked up my 870 out of the front seat and proceded to tell me about his turkey gun.... guess times have changed huh?
In Tioga County Pa, a very rural county innorthern Pa, next to NY State border,first day of buck season (Monday after Thanksgiving) was no school, several of my friends use to carry their rifle in their car and go hunting after school that week and the week after (two week hunting season). We >>never<< had problems with this, people used common sense, we didn't have to have rules of behavior--no guns, knives, razorblades, fighting, etc. Everybody knew when they went to school their were under the authority of the teacher and principal, not so today. Chap Gleason

Old 09-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

What you are seeing in today's coverage of gun laws and gun related incidents is a type of social hysteria. Much of this hysteria I blame on political oriented organizations andthe media. With technology that exists today, a simple incident can be turned into major news head line in just hours. This incident gets people who normally would not even worry,all excited and screaming for actions to be take to curb these incidents. The media can respond and take a simple incident that should be of little or no concern to the nation and turn it into national headlines. After all, national head lines draw in viewers. More viewers mean more sponsors wanting air timecommercials. More sponsors mean more money.

Our communities are muchsafer then we think. Yet, any time the media/press can "blow the panic whistle" to draw attention, they do. Now I am not condoning this mentally ill person walking around with any kind of weapon or even a fake weapon for that matter. I am more concerned about why he was walking around, needing medications to control his behavior, and not monitored properly.Also, I am concerned aboutthe media making such a large issue out of it and not really presenting the facts of the incident in a manner that would relate the true nature of the threat.

Our society today is pressured through political action organizations and media to believe that we are no longer safe in our homes, schools, or communities. Why? Because it makes money. When any kind of incident happens, politicians from all parties scream for safer streets, more police, and stricter gun laws. That is how they get elected. By putting themselves in the spot light as our knight in shinning armor, there to protect us from all that is evil. The sad truth is, when we do elect them we usually get more restrictive gun laws, but no new police presence on the streets, reduction in funding for our current enforcement programs, and promises that in the next term of their office they will continue to work harder to keep us safe.

We have more gun laws on the books now then ever before in the history of our country. The problem is not new laws to safe guard us, but the selective enforcement of the gun laws currently on the books. Felons, committing repeated crimes on their release from our criminal justice systems, using weapons in the commission of those crimes, only to have district attorneys plea bargain away the actual crime for lesser charges that they can get easy convictions to, reduce their court load, and add impressive statistics to their prosecution records for the next election.

Americans need to wake up. Instead of running around screaming "the sky is falling" over every media incident, we as a nation need to address the underlying issues confronting us such as education, poverty, homelessness, health care, the environment and our constant battle with the war on drugs, etc. All these things that can lead to crime, prison over crowding, people needing medical and mental health treatments but not getting them, and the overall degeneration of our social and moral structure today.

Please support me in the up coming election... I am there for you!! sorry for the rant.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

So I agree with Cayquad 100%. My question is what can we do about it? The state of the nation has gotten to the point that nobody thats honest and has good sense will run for any office let alone the important ones. Lee
Old 09-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

He might have been unstable but his choice of weapons to make his statement with may not have been all that bad.Muzzleloaders arent subject to most of the BS associated with other firearms laws, some places theyre classified as antiques instead of firearms even if theyre new.Other then being on campus he may not have even broken the law by carrying it across there.Sounded like the PA was having a little trouble deciding what exactly to charge him with anyway.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Spike

For now... Give the liberals a chance.
ORIGINAL: petasux

Muzzleloaders arent subject to most of the BS associated with other firearms laws, some places theyre classified as antiques instead of firearms even if theyre new.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

I know its already been said but the media made this way worse than it should have been. Muzzleloader or not, the kid should have not had a gun on campus. Our campus says even those of who have carrying permits are not to have any type of weapon on campus.. But honestly... Now the liberals will just have one more thing to beat us with on their anti gun campaign. The wolfs a good fire arm though so how they figure out if the gun will fire. I say stick a cap on it and then pull the trigger. Well, I though the last thing I would ever see was that someone used a muzzleloader or was attempting to use one for a school shooting.. this is why teachers need guns.

Quick Reply: Idiot "campus gunman" armed w/ Muzzy loader

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.