Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Range Boxes - What Do You Use?

Old 09-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Range Boxes - What Do You Use?

I carry everything but extra powder, bullets, and caps in my hunting pouch. I try to keep the loading procedure the same as it would be in a hunting situation, with a few exceptions like keeping the cleaning jag on the ramrod and laying it on the bench between shots.
By the time the shooting session ends I usually have an empty pouch and a bench covered with equipment.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had to start picking out what bullets I wanted to play with ahead of time or get wheels for mine. Lee
Old 09-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

You guy's are pretty organized. I use the whole back seat of my Ford F-150 extended cab. Tom.
There ya go!!! Isn't that was extra cabs are for? Tool box, hold down straps, shooting bags, boxes of bullets, ML Dry box, rain gear. It all fits in the back seat!!! Chap
Old 09-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use about the same setup... The big flat fishing lure/worm boxes (for tools, jags nipples, breechplugs, etc..50cents @ garagesale.A smaller waterproof softpack cooler($6walmart) w/extra zippered comp.for powders/measures, caps,patches etc. and a cheap canvas tool tote for range use. Then larger airtight rubbermaid storage boxes for home. I take a small camo fannypack with whatever I need when I go to the woods. LOL I guess I'm just as bad (or good) as everyone else about packing/storage. But it'll pay off in the end. I even keep a small carboard checklist on the inside window of my fannypack. One time I got to the property where I hunt. (Walked!) And I didn't have my powder measure!!! I used the plastic cap off some spray scent and eyeballed my measurement.... image that.

chris
Old 09-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is what i use. It is from Cheaper Than Dirt and is called an "ammo can organizer." i carry my bigger stuff to the range in a haversack. Yep, my foot got into the photo.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Everyone keeps leaving out one important range item - an ice chest for drinks and lunch!
Old 09-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

I use an MTM Muzzleloader Dry Box. Works great for me. Holds a lot of Stuff.