Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega / Nosler Range Report

Old 09-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Omega / Nosler Range Report

Regarding the Ten Laws:

It's an hour and twenty-minute drive to my hunting lease where we have a rifle range and shooting bench set-up.

I got to thinking about what might be appropriatelaws one day on the drive home from "one of those" [:@]range sessions, and wrote them up when I got home. I have found them to hold true. If you shoot enough, I believe you will also.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

gleason.chapman

No! No! - I had nothing to do with it... I hate those rules they are so right on.... sounds like somtin Cdaddy would come up with but betcha Semisane did dis one al by himself... he just wrote what we mostly think most of da time....

and I disagee - I ain't looked at a new gun in weeks... well at least since the last time we were in Kennewick and I only looked - i did not handle it...
Then why did you buy/build so many Renegades from ebay---I wanna do the similar thing, buy a Renegade Sidelock and convert it to a FL for Pennsylvania ML season, will do that after Christmas now that your done bidding. I think it was Cayugad that has two gun racks of 16 guns each, but we each want two gun racks of 16 each with a shooting range of 200 yards in our back yard, with a Chrony covered!!Your wise in not handling it! I live the looks of thoseRenegade Sidelocks shootingthose big bullstops, and they sure are accurate on Sporting Clays.
Chap
Old 09-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

gleason.chapman

Well! now that you mention Renegades.... I do have one Renegade barrel left and it does not have a home - so I guess I do need another Rene stock - should start looking - really I should I have an odd number of Renegades - if I were to get another stock I would have an even number and that is always better than odd...

I wonder if ebay will still carry stocks - now that hey have changed their policies.....
Old 09-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cayugad

Thanks for the list.

Semisane

So you're the one responsible![:@]
They do hold true.....unfortuneately

Chapman

Mine is with a 153 yd zero. With a MPBR of 200 using the 6 inch kill zone

Sabotloader

Our elevation here is 472 feet.
The rifle has a synthetic stock.
The 458's are in the mail someplace. I was using the .451's.
Shooting over the chrony at 100 yds tends to make you focus just that little bit more.I read in Chuck Hawks that you can get a true BC by doing that and I was currious to confirm the numbers. I'll see if I can find that article and post the formula.

I think I'll stick with using Nosler's numbers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_coefficient

Old 09-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

HuntAway

Question #2 - which stock do you have on your Omega? the laminated wood or the synthetic? If it is the synthetic then the warming barrel and stock pressure can/will move the POI... but there is a simple fix.

Sabotloader,
What would that simple fix be?
Old 09-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

HuntAway

What would that simple fix be?
Now this is going to seem like a loaded question but it isn't and there is a reason for it... Are you married? If you are you might have the fix in your kitchen...

I'll take mine down and get some pictures of what I have done with the synthetic stock and post them. They are posted someplace on here as we went through this several-several months ago - but I would never find them now....

Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Married I am and she has put up with me for 21 years now.