Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

UPS Stinks

Old 08-31-2007, 08:04 PM

Default UPS Stinks

I just got a call today from the UPS place saying they will meet me tomorrow with my packages " cva staghorn and cabelas items" They were supposed to deliver my items today but their truck broke down. What are the stinkin odds of this happening?[:@] I swear i will never do business again with this run down sorry excuse that they call a company. Their C/S sucks and they dont warrant your package when it gets damaged.

I wanted to get the staghorn in today so i could shoot the thing. Man i hate when crap like this happens.

I may sight the staghorn is for PRB
Old 08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UPS Stinks

Ups does snicks if they could not get another truck to take over and finish the route or send an extra truck. I work for fedex gound for 3 years. they always had a plan if something like that happen.

ok you don't want to know fed ex package handlers handle things. but good and bad thing depend on what divsion, if you report it, the driver has to pay for it
Old 08-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I think it is rather amazing they are willing to meet you on a Saturday and also on a major holiday weekend. This must be costing them a bundle in overtime. As for trucks breaking down, well things like that happen. At least they called you and simply did not reschedule without notification. That kind of service, while inconvenient without doubt, would get some thumbs up in my book. I personally request UPS when ever I have anything shipped.

I had some terrible experiences with another company that will remain unnamed, leaving liquid products outside in the bitter cold of winter only to freeze and break their container. Simply because the person was afraid to or refused to,come to the front door. I tracked him in the snow from where he exited the truck and went straight to the garage, where they left the box on my work bench. No word of it, I found it two days later. When I called and complained, the driver then lied, stating he personally handed it to me, according to his notation on his computer. When I order products, I specifically ask who the shipper is and I tell the merchants that if this company (unnamed)is hired to deliver my packages, I will cancel the order and purchase somewhere else. I've had merchants then ask why, which I am more then glad to explain. And I have had them even personally send mine UPS.

Besides, the UPS man always has time to give my old dog a cookie and a pat on the head...

Actually another good company is the United States Postal Service. While their tracking system stinks, they do a good job of getting it to me in a timely manner.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:31 PM

frontier gander, take your medicine as prescribed.....it always works out.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I no longer work for fed ex, they are bad with employees and you top off in 2 years at $9.oo/hr
Old 08-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

Personally I would like to step right in there with Dave. FG I have no idea where you might live and how remote the delivery might be.... but UPS has always worked very well with me and for me. One of the things that might benefit that is I always try to meet the route driver and let him/her know that I appreciate the service and how he might be to help me when I am not here to accept all packages... it has really worked well for me...

Thanks to any of you UPS drivers and/or employeesthat might be a members of the forum.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:59 PM

They've changed drivers 3 times this year. The new one is getting lazy and not doing his job and just drops them off at our post office. Which he is not allowed to do. Post master drew him a map and it was dead on. How the driver could not follow it is beyond me. The last driver used to take them to the neighbors house or wouldnt even try to deliver them at all.
As for USPS service, I no longer ship valuble items with them.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont feel bad...I've had nothing but trouble with UPS as well FG.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only problem I ever had with any of them was an international shipment with USPS. Package to Canada disappeared for over 30 days north of the border. I started to file the insurance paperwork and asked the recipient to check with his local post office again to be sure they didn't have it.
He called them and they assured him they didn't have it and there was no record of it with the Canadian postal service. The next day they delivered it to him!?????? Sounds to me like they tried delivering it once, missed him, set it in a corner and forgot about it. [:@]
Old 09-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

I won't deal with UPS either! Every time they touch a package coming to Canada from the States the price automatically doubles.Cabela's is a classic example.They bought out SIR [Winnipeg] and will be set up in 4 weeks so that solves one hassle....................Harold

Quick Reply: UPS Stinks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.