Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

UPS Stinks

Old 09-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UPS Stinks

When I ship out my Ebay items I use USPS. It's actually cheaper on most items. I buy a lot of hunting stuff online too. UPS usually delivers that sometimes FEDX or DHL. I have had only one problem with USPS. They lost an antiqe wood plane I shipped out. It wasn't insured, so I was out about 75 bucks. Luckily I'm a good guy and also had a good customer. I felt bad about the guy not getting his plane so I met him half way on the money he was out. I now insure ALL shipments!!! Regardless of value...

chris
Old 09-05-2007, 10:06 AM

Just an update. Packages were supposed to be here the 1st but ups stood me up and i am still waiting for my packages! I just got off the phone with the local ups that takes care of the packages and she was in a meeting with a driver and would call me back " yeah right" So now, all i can hope for is she does call back and we find whats going on. Next step is to file a police report since a firearm is involved with one of the packages.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Dominant Buck

While I am not sure filing a police report would do you much good, unless you have different laws in your State concerning interstate shipping of a private contracted carrier, I suspect they would tell you, it would be more of a civil matter between you and the shipper.

I would be making notes as to all the times the different incidents occurred, what happened, what was promised, etc.. and what actions you took to comply with the company.Then when this was all over and done, I would file a formal complaint with the Head Office of UPS and file a complaint with your consumer better business division in your State. Companies do not like complaints like this made public, so thanks for the update...
Old 09-05-2007, 11:34 AM

got a hold of the main office in pueblo, as the local ups is worthless. The guy i talked to wasnt happy when i told him the story and is looking into whats going on with the ups depot. I found that the person who signed for both packages works at ups and there is no reason for her not to beable to get my packages to me. Its been 4 days since i was supposed to meet her.She works 630am to 930 am and then 330pm to 630pm. In between those times, there is more than enough time to contact me and get my packages to me. This is poor service on her behalf. Now i just hope i can get my packages today and that ups will give her a nice speech about her services she has offered to me.[:@][:@]
Old 09-05-2007, 03:19 PM

Shes here in my lap. The lady finally called and met me about 25 minutes ago. Just put the staghorn together and its in perfect shape. Uses #11 cap instead of 209 but thats ok with me. Front sight sucks but thats ok, i have a spare that is much brighter.
UPS also lied when they said the truck broke down. Both packages the driver wrote" could not find address" on the boxes. Also noticed the rifle has a 1:32 twist. Im going to try some great plains bullets here after i remove the breechplug and check everything out. Happy as heck with the rifle, not to happy with UPS.
They said they will air mail me some forums to use the next time i send out 2 packages and they will pick up the tab. Thats good too because i have a $129 package to send off

Old 09-05-2007, 03:21 PM

Shes here in my lap. The lady finally called and met me about 25 minutes ago. Just put the staghorn together and its in perfect shape. Uses #11 cap instead of 209 but thats ok with me. Front sight sucks but thats ok, i have a spare that is much brighter.
UPS also lied when they said the truck broke down. Both packages the driver wrote" could not find address" on the boxes. Also noticed the rifle has a 1:32 twist. Im going to try some great plains bullets here after i remove the breechplug and check everything out. Happy as heck with the rifle, not to happy with UPS.
They said they will air mail me some forums to use the next time i send out 2 packages and they will pick up the tab. Thats good too because i have a $129 package to send off
Old 09-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Dominant Buck

What year was that one made? I checked mine and it has the 1:28 twist. Although I think you have a perfect conical shooter there which is to your advantage.

Glad to hear you have the rifle. The #11 caps will be fine for ignition. I would be excited as well about a rifle like that in mint condition. I will be looking for more of your range reports.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:49 PM

The last year they made the 1-32 Staghorn was 2000 IIRC. My wife's cousin has one. It's also the last one that has a max of 100 gr total.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:55 PM

yep 2000 model here too. Im going to give cva a call tomorrow and get the do's and dont with this model. Excellent shooting little rifle.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Dominant Buck

I just looked and mine was made in 03 which would account for the 1:28 twist.

My friend has one in .54 caliber with a 1:32 twist and he shoots REAL conicals out of it. He claims that for the short range shooting we do in the hardwoods around here, that it is as accurate as his 30-30 and knocks them down better.

Quick Reply: UPS Stinks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.