Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Revolution

Old 08-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Spike

Default Knight Revolution

GreetsFrom CO
I finally got around to shooting my Knight Revolution after getting it back fm the factory for warranty repairs. After firing and only after firing when I tried to open the action to remove and reinstall primer, it would lock up after a half inch and not open. It is much bettter now altho it is still awfully stiff and I shot it over 20 times. I would like to ask the following:

1. How is the terminal performance using the 250 SST and/or the T/C Maxi-Hunter or any other bullet? I can't shoot the SSTs in CO as sabots are not legal.

2. When you insert the primed red plastic disc and close the action, does the jacket always "seat"/"fit" over/onto the breech plug?

3. What do you do for cleaning? Do you completely disassemble the gun for cleaning?

4. I'm in the process of trying 5 diff bullets with 777 powder, 350g T/C Maxi Hunter, 250 and 300g Harvester Sabertooths, T/C 300g Shockwaves. and "MAYBE" the 338g Platinum Powerbelt (some say the Powerbelts don't "seat well" but the back of the Platinum package says it is made for oversized bores???)

5. Have you ever tried a Powerbelt in your Knight?

Sorry to bother so much, Thanks Ray
Old 08-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Knight Revolution

ORIGINAL: OldFart

GreetsFrom CO
I finally got around to shooting my Knight Revolution after getting it back fm the factory for warranty repairs. After firing and only after firing when I tried to open the action to remove and reinstall primer, it would lock up after a half inch and not open. It is much bettter now altho it is still awfully stiff and I shot it over 20 times. I would like to ask the following:

Sorry to bother so much, Thanks Ray
Glad to hear your rifle is back and working.

1. How is the terminal performance using the 250 SST and/or the T/C Maxi-Hunter or any other bullet? I can't shoot the SSTs in CO as sabots are not legal.
I would tend to think that either of them are going to do the job if they are placed properly and have enough velocity to penetrate to the necessary vital organs or better. The 250 grain SST will of course fly faster and flatter, but dead is dead. Either of them would kill game.

2. When you insert the primed red plastic disc and close the action, does the jacket always "seat"/"fit" over/onto the breech plug?
Well the red disc like the old orange ones I use fit only one way. They are meant to fit in order to throw their fire through the breech plug. The breech plug on my Disc is starting to show wear and tear near the actual hole in the breech plug and I am guessing this is from a slight misalignment of the primer, but as long as it fires and opens ... I am happy.

3. What do you do for cleaning? Do you completely disassemble the gun for cleaning?
Clean the rifle the way it is recommended in the manual by the manufacturer. I like to break a rifle down as far as I can take it "safely and without voiding the warranty" and then giving each part individual attention to insure a clean rifle.

4. I'm in the process of trying 5 diff bullets with 777 powder, 350g T/C Maxi Hunter, 250 and 300g Harvester Sabertooths, T/C 300g Shockwaves. and "MAYBE" the 338g Platinum Powerbelt (some say the Powerbelts don't "seat well" but the back of the Platinum package says it is made for oversized bores???)
Don't overlook 385 grain Hornady Great Plains Conicals and the 370 grain Maxiball. I am not saying your rifle will shoot any of the conicals well, but the only way to know is to try. Also there are some conicals out there made by No Excuses, and BullShop conicals that might work for you as well. My Knights really like the 300 grain Saber Tooth. Next time I order I want to get some of the 350 grain to try as well.

5. Have you ever tried a Powerbelt in your Knight?
In both my Knight rifles I did not have good luck with Powerbelts. My $89.00 Staghorn Magnum on the other hand will shoot them with amazing accuracy. That was one reason I went to try the Saber Tooth.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:22 PM

Default RE: Knight Revolution

Thew only conicals I ever tried in my Extreme are the 385 great plains, 405 Powerbelts, and 444 powerbelts. Of the 3 I'duse the 444 powerbelts if they're legal. There all lead except the skirt.They gave me the best accuracy but your mileage can vary.