Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

lookin for a cheap but good scope for omega!

Old 08-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default lookin for a cheap but good scope for omega!

I am looking for a good scope for my omega that is cheaply priced I had one scope on it but din't realy fit the gun I had to stick my face way forward to get the black to disapear and you know what happens then, any one had any luck out there with there's for cheap!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: lookin for a cheap but good scope for omega!

When you say cheap.. there is cheap and then there is cheap.

The Nikon Pro Staff is a good scope for around $129.00. It has good eye releif, excellent clarity, gathers light well, life time guarantee, and is tuff as nails.

On my Black Diamond XR I use a simple Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn 1.5-4.5x32mm and again, this scope sells for around $69.00. It too has excellent eye relief, excellent clarity, gathers light real well, and so far has taken all the abuse I have handed it and never left zero. The Dusk to Dawn series also come in 3-9x40mm with excellent eye relief as well and again, low priced. In fact one model for those that really want to get away from their scope has a 6" approximate eye relief.

A Sightron S1 is a good scope, but the eye relief has to be watched. As the Millet Buck series, both low prices, both good scopes, but again the eye releif needs to be watched.

So a cheap scope, the Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn. A reasonable scope, the Nikon Pro Staff.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 3x9x40 Bushnell Dusk to Dawn with a Circle X on my Omega. I also have the same scope on my 06 and 270. I've never hadany problems with them.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:15 PM

Ihave a Cabela's muzzleloader scope kit (comes with scope, base,and rings)for my Omega. It's a Pine Ridge scope, no problems and very good for only $70.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

bushnell banner series. my new favorite is the fixed 4x 32 with the circle dot reticle. one less thing to fiddle with on the stand. point and shoot!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Spike

I agree with Cayugad, I have the nikon prostaff on my omega and it's a great scope for the money...plus the warranty. My dad liked it so much he put on on his 308.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:42 PM

I'll vote for the nikon prostaff. It took a nasty tumble sliding off of shooting table onto concrete.....sighted back in and was good to go.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started out with a Bushnell Banner 1.5-4.5x32. Bought my first Nikon Pro Staff for my Muzzleloader. Then bought a second Nikon for my 1187 slug gun. No regrets the Nikon is one fine scope.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

cheap to one man may be an arm and a leg to another. I was faced with the same dilemma last fall. I went middle of the road for my Omega Z5, Bushnell legend 3.9.40 for $139. No complaints- probably very similar to the Nikon Pro Staff...good luck
Old 08-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

I think I might try the bushnell banner dusk till dawn, before I had a $40 Tasco and the reticle was good and the clarity was fine but the scope itself seemed real long and just plain din't fit the gun, there was no way to get the black to disapear and not have your eye right up to it!

Quick Reply: lookin for a cheap but good scope for omega!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.