Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Midsouth apology....

Old 07-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default Midsouth apology....

I thought I should do a new post hoping those who viewed the other regarding Hazmat fee will reread this. My office has new blocking software which filters the politically incorrect "weapons" sites. I entered Midsouth via Google Mobile to bypass the blocker. It works, but the format is different. The $9 shipping fee appears directly over "hazmat fee". I just went in both ways from here and as some of you have confirmed, that is shipping and NOT HAZMAT. I apologize for wasting your time and for any doubt about Midsouth. I did think there may have been a coding problem where the pistol bullets were coded "cartridges". Guess I'll need to double my next order with them. Sorry again.[X(]
Old 07-19-2007, 07:52 PM

Default RE: Midsouth apology....

yeoman, no bid deal here. I wish there was a way to buy 777 bulk without the fee per lb. They have great price on powder but when you add the hazmet fee per container back on it makes it sky high.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Just buy 25 pounds of it oldrookie.. then the extra dollar a pound is not so bad.

yeoman, I know all about some of the blocking software out there. Mine will make some sights act up as well.. Glad it was all straightened out.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:57 PM

speaking of powder, why is it that 777 is $20+ per pound and pyrodex and pinnicle(?) is around $10-12 here in Indianapolis.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Typical Buck

Don't complain 777 is $35 a lb here in Canada.Going to the States in a week and with be bringing 8kg back!Harold
Old 07-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Where are you getting pyrodex for $12 a pound? The cheapest I've seen it is $17 per pound. Let me know, I'd like to get me some.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Nimrodder

Where are you getting pyrodex for $12 a pound? The cheapest I've seen it is $17 per pound. Let me know, I'd like to get me some.
Gander Mountain here in Indianapolis. What is Pinnacle and is it any good? Sometimes its $9.00 per lb.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:15 AM

By the way, I have never bought it and never used it. Just wondering why so much difference in price.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Pinnacle Is americam pioneer powder that Goex put in there container I use it and find it very clean and consistant. I pay a lot more that 9.00 for it
Old 07-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: oldrookie

Gander Mountain here in Indianapolis. What is Pinnacle and is it any good? Sometimes its $9.00 per lb.

[hr]

Pinnacle is a powder made through collaboration with with Goex and American Pioneer Powder. American Pioneer Powder actually produces the stuff. Pinnacle is a suger based powder that has excellent power, easy to clean up, and works real good actually. My only complaint with Pinnacle is when I shot conicals or heavy sabots, the accuracy suffered.

I once used my Knight Wolverine LK-II and shot off 12 rounds of XTP without swabbing the barrel. I could have shot more but ran out of projectiles. Also the rifle barrel cleaned up with five patches.

Pinnacle comes in 2f & 3f. The 2f like APP is very course. If your rifle likes American Pioneer Powder it will probably like Pinnacle. I would double check that price though, I paid $24.00 for the stuff. If I could get it for under $10.00 a pound I would have lots of that around too. Out of my sidelocks it shot roundball very well.

Quick Reply: Midsouth apology....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.