Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Chuckhawks.com

Old 07-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chuckhawks.com

ORIGINAL: falcon

"Yeah I can tell that Randy Wakeman gotta be on Savage Arms payroll. As much as he talks about that smokeless powder rifle. I belive the 10ml."

Notafter he blew upa Savage.Now he bad mouths Savage big time.
That was Toby Bridges who blew up a Savage and no longer is sponsored by them, NOT Randay Wakeman, I believe. Randy is opinionated cause he knowsa lot about MLing, and he formulated his opinions via the long process we all go thru of developing our expertise and convictions. He didn't become a national shooting editor by having no expertise. Ithink he is well informed and makes good judgements, but he like us all have our convictions that we hold to, so therfore I take hisopinion in as well as the opinions of others on this forum and other places I read on the Internet. I do NOT discount his opinion just because he is strong in his convictions, because I have found that I have come to the same conclusions that he has published, maybe 2 or 3 years after I read it. For example Savage 10ML or Barnes bullets or Spinjag or several other things I have read from him. Anyway let me say I respect the man, just as I do each of you for how God has gifted you and how you share your knowledge freely and with good cheer and good spirit. Chap Gleason
Old 07-20-2007, 10:59 AM

randy isnt reliable. he never answered any of my questions and always gave me the run around. Hes been muzzleloading for, going on 5 years now.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

"falcon - are you sure you're not mistaking the blown up Savage with Toby Bridges? I can't remember Randy Wakeman blowing one up."

You are absolutely correct. Sorry about the bad post.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:35 PM

Personally, if I had an hour, a day or an email to talk to someone about MLing, I would chose a guy like Cayugad, Sabotloader or Underclocked as well as a few others off of other boards in a hearbeat before I would chose Randy Wakeman or Chuck Hawk.

In my opinion, these latter two guys have something to sell and their convictions are likely tochange just about as fast as the direction of money flow.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cascadedad

Personally, if I had an hour, a day or an email to talk to someone about MLing, I would chose a guy like Cayugad, Sabotloader or Underclocked as well as a few others off of other boards in a hearbeat before I would chose Randy Wakeman or Chuck Hawk.

In my opinion, these latter two guys have something to sell and their convictions are likely tochange just about as fast as the direction of money flow.
I have great respect and honor for all 5 of the men you mentioned for the wisdom and their willingness to share it with the ML community at no cost. As for the money flow, that is how they make their living, so I can't hold that against them. I believe they are honest and honorable men, and not shady or "off the cuff" with their endoresement of products.
Chap Gleason
Old 07-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

randy isnt reliable. he never answered any of my questions and always gave me the run around. Hes been muzzleloading for, going on 5 years now.
He's muzzleloaded a bit longer than that... BUT has become an "expert" in the last 5 or so years... he started his road to "expert" status just as most of us have, asking a lot of questions on the internet...

For the most part he has been very reliable... to believe what he believes and argue it to the point of absurdity... at times he has changed his opinion over the years (though he might not see it that way) notably being against the Savage then for it and being an all lead (with sabot) shooter to seeing the virtues now of a jacketed round, goes better with the Savage...