Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

WHITE-THUNDER BOLT

Old 06-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default WHITE-THUNDER BOLT

I was going to restock a Knight rifle. But now I am considering a White Thunder Bolt rifle. I am looking at the .504. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? I am wondering what type of trigger this rifle has? Their web site does not specify-I did e-mail them? I have not heard back from them yet. Or does any one know any thing about this rifle? Is this the same White rifle you guys are always talking about?

Is it best to order them direct? Or is there a better place to order it from? Tom.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:50 AM

Default RE: WHITE-THUNDER BOLT

You mean the Blunder Bolt??? No, it is not the White that is usually talked about here. MOST of the time, we are talking about he Ultra Mags of which I have 2. I just recently bought a Lightning and I think a few others on here have them. The Super 91 is another good one from what I hear, although I have never handled one personally.

Good luck with White Rifles. It is my understanding that they may have closed up shop as no one has been able to get a hold of them. I believe there are still a handful of new Super 91's out there to be had.

I will attempt to summons the all-knowing Underclocked and I think he can fill you in a little better on the, uh, Thunder Bolt he is so fond of.

Oh, and all of the White rifles to my knowledge have Bold adjustable triggers. They are great, but spares are not available. [:@]
Old 06-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Like C-dad said, the more popular models are the Ultra Mags, Model 97's, Model 98's, Lightenings (if you can put your hands on one), Whitetail G series, or Super 91's. .504 or .451 caliber are excellent rifles with their slip fit design. They can lay a large chunk of lead down range with ease and accuracy, and load the second, third, and so on without any hassel. Sabotloader has been proving to the White community that they are excellent sabot shooters as well.

Put it this way, what I paid for my White Ultra Mag I could recover anytime I wanted to sell. But that will never happen (C-dad [:@].. some of us are trying to corner the market out there). I am having it thrown in the box with me when they bury me.

The Thunder Bolt while I am sure is a good shooter, is not the most favored model by the people that shoot Whites. It has something to do with the bolt design. They like the simple Model 97's (which are a Ultra Mag as well) and the Super 91's. If you every shoot one, you will be hooked on that rifle.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am having it thrown in the box with me when they bury me.
cayugad,If they put all of your guns in the box with you, even six pro wrestlers would notbe able to lift it.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

I used to have a Thunderbolt in .451. I no longer have it, traded it for a S91. The gun was just too heavy for me to pack around in the woods all day. It shot fantastic, just like most Whites do. The 209 breech plug had some problems on the early guns (like mine). The primers would get stuck after only 2 shots and would then require pliers and a lot of effort to remove. However, by changing out the bolt and breechplug to ones from a S91 or M98 that use #11 or musket caps make for a great setup, so long as a heavy gun is to your liking. Word is that White has no guns to offer right now. You might want to contact Tom at www.sunrisearchery.com, Tom is a dealer and seams to be able to get guns from the factory when no one else can. Also try the on line gun auctions, last I checked there was a Thunderbolt for sale on Gunbroker.com.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

After TWO shots? Mine was only good for one. Don't even think about ordering anything from that White Rifles website at this time. Contact Rattus as indicated above or Doc at his website. Highly recommend the Rat as he will see that you get what you want.

As for the Blunderblot, don't do it.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

UC, was it you that got the Bonus rusty hack saw blade with ur gun?? Thats right, when they opened the box inside was found a rusty hack saw blade, a special tool of some sort I suppose.

Reports indicate that problems associated with the early guns are now fixed. Well, except for the weight, but then some hunters don'e mind packing a 9# gun around all day. If you could find one with a B&C stock that would cut a # off the weight. funny how much a pound weights at the end of the day.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, the rusty blade was intended as a joke by Rattus and the boys in Utah because I had a hard time deciding between a 24" or 26" barrel. So they sent me a 26" and a hacksaw.

Was pretty funny at first. Then I tried to shoot that rifle in 90 degree Missouri heat. Nuttin wuz funny after dat!!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:20 PM

It all sounds funny to me!
Old 06-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like alot of negative's on the White. I was also considering a LH Knight Long Range Hunter. I just ordered the Knight-all I have heard about them is good. It should be here next week. I found one at Bud's guns in Kentucky. They were a little hard to find. Much like the White. Tom.

Quick Reply: WHITE-THUNDER BOLT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.