Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Newbee here, Howdee Yall !

Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Newbee here, Howdee Yall !

Hi Fellas and Gals if any.
Just wanted to say Hi from Washington, the State, and ask if there are any cap and ballers that love the gunsmithing aspect of the sport that I can share my craft with, and also to learn from of course ?
I have been into this c & b thing for twenty years or so, Gunsmithing is my thing , especially with the Colt 1851's and Remington 58's .
I have tons of pics of my art ( no ego ? ) if you want to share ? I know how to share !!!
I also do swaps for my craft, for pistols. What do you want to get rid of?
Currently only doing custom grips, Remingtons or 1851's. Will post pics, but I aint cheap for my barters. I give equal work by the hour for cost of the guns, blue-book. I do inlays, refinishing and total custom grips with whatever material you want a set made of . My work will speak for itself in the photos.
I would also like to ask if anyone out there has familiarity with using Buffalo bullets in the 58 Remington? I just got one more and have only fired thousands of rounds of round ball and .45 Colt in conversion cylinders ? SO, what can you tell me???? Also want to know if anyone has used a conversion cylinder in the brass framed Remingtons once they were Nickel Plated hardened ???? Anyone ????

Cheers for now, replys to the gunsmithing, very welcome. Will post pics here or on your e-mail. I have a bunch to share, and want to swap my talent for guns.

Cheers, out, Gutt Bucket

Old 06-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Newbee here, Howdee Yall !

Welcome to the forum. I use a 1858 New Army Remington (Pietta) cap and ball target model. A very accurate shooting revolver. So now we know where to go for information on them. Again, welcome to the forum.