Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

KRB arrived today (with pics)

Old 06-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default KRB arrived today (with pics)

My new Knight Rolling Block arrived this afternoon and I've finally had a chance to look it over good and get some first impressions. Right out of the box, this rifle feels great. The specs say it weighs 8 pounds, but it doesn't feel like it. It's feels really well balanced. The trigger was a nice surprise. Being nonadjustable, I wasn't sure what too expect from it, butit's feels smooth and crisp. The setpoundage on the triggerfeels nice as well.Looking at the action, I believe I'm going to like it. I'llget a better impression after a little range time. When my scope gets in and Iget some timeat the range, I'll post some more impressions and few target groups. Here are a few pictures of the rifle and action for those that were interested.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: KRB arrived today (with pics)

A few more.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like anice rifle. have a lot of fun with it.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

That is really cool. I like the way it comes apart for cleaning. I will be looking forward to posts of how accurate it is. Thanks for the pics.

How does the balance, trigger pull, and the way the lock opens, etc feel to you?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Cayugad.....It's balanced really well and shoulders nicely. The trigger is suprisingly smooth and breaks clean. The action rolls back with a good pull of the thumb,it'll take some getting use to but only because it's new to me. After playing with it a bit, I'm already starting to like it.One thing I like about it is that it pulls the primerfrom the breach plug as it opens. Another thing I like, thatI'll need to get use to, is the pivoting hammer saftey.The hammer pivots up, as the hammer is cocked,and won't make contact with the firing pin until it's pivoted back down. It only takes the flick of a thumb to do it. If you'veever seenthe hammer saftey on aBrowning BLR,it's a very similar setup to that. I'm really going to like the removable trigger mechanism. Talk about easy clean. It pops out with the press of a switch that's recessedin the stock at the base of the trigger gaurd. Very simple to remove and pop back in.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does that switch for removal of the assembly contact your trigger hand at all? That's the only real concern I have had in looking at pics of the rifle.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

UC....Actually, I haven't even noticed it while playing around and shouldering the rifle. For the assembly to disengaged, you need to press the switch in a good bit. Ican't seeanypressure from the fingers of the trigger hand causing the assembly to disengage prematurely.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the pix, looking forward to more feedback onyour newrifle. I'm curious as to how it's accuracy will be and what loads it will favor. Good luck and good shootin'