Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

sabot/bullet selections

Old 06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sabot/bullet selections

ORIGINAL: oldrookie

sjsfire, I wanted to bump this to the top. Have you had a chance to use the crushed sabots with the Barnes?
[/quote]

No, Sorry to say I haven't had the chance. Never could find the Barnes anywhere online. I did buy the Knight Red Hot 250gr which is the same bullet as the Barnes MZ Expanders. And got 150 Crushed Rib Sabots. Been too damn hot and humidhere. The only place I have to shoot is the sportsman club down by my wife's family 1.5 hours away. I'll get down there soon, we visit about every other weekend. I'll take photos of my target.....My son got me a nice Canon digtal camera and a 2 gig memory card for fathers day, should hold a lot of pictures. I'll give a report on them as soon as I can.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:53 PM

Just courious if it worked out. By the way, if you can't find the Barnes anywhere else,go to their website and you can order from their retail site. Not necessarily the cheapest, but available. Good luck!
Old 06-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

No, Sorry to say I haven't had the chance. Never could find the Barnes anywhere online. I did buy the Knight Red Hot 250gr which is the same bullet as the Barnes MZ Expanders. And got 150 Crushed Rib Sabots. Been too damn hot and humidhere. The only place I have to shoot is the sportsman club down by my wife's family 1.5 hours away. I'll get down there soon, we visit about every other weekend. I'll take photos of my target.....My son got me a nice Canon digtal camera and a 2 gig memory card for fathers day, should hold a lot of pictures. I'll give a report on them as soon as I can.
Sjsfire, I have some Barnes TMZ 285g I beliveand some Knight Ultimate Slams290gI will trade or sell you 5 of these (I shoot 5 shot groups for testing accuracy) for 5 of your Red Hots. I also have a package of 50 of each of the following sabots
Crush Rib
Harvest short black high pressure
MMP short black
MMP #12
MMP #24
MMP EZ-3petal
Hornady green sabot
that I can trade or sell you 5 of each type for testing. PM me if your interested in trading or buying. I also have many different types of bullets for testing.
Chap Gleason

Old 06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chap, PM sent.