Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

ML Ripoff

Old 05-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ML Ripoff

I need some advice. I sent a brand new Knight Disc Elite rifle, along with almost $500 in cash to a Stock Maker in Indiana. I did this ten months ago. I was promised my rifle in 60 days. Now the smith will not even return my e-mails. I think he has ran out ofexcuses. This Stock Maker was recommended to me by none other than Tony Knight himself. How would you guys proceed? Do I have any legal rights?Are there any ethics boards for gunsmith's? I do not wish to put his name in print yet, but that will soon change. Tom.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:23 PM

Default RE: ML Ripoff

HEAD001....where in Indiana? I am here in Indianapolis. If you want me to check it out PM me with info on who and where the guy is and I will check it out for you.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Peru, Indiana. Tom.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

I would contact Tony Knight he may have an idea how toget a hold ofthe guy and explain the problem to him seem he did recommend him
Old 05-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Start by sending him a certified letterstating that he has so many days/weeks to return the rifle and the $500 cash or you wil proceed with legal action. If he doesn't return your property within the given time frame, start by filing a theft report with your local law enforcement. From there, you might want to contact the police/sheriffs department within his home town and see what kind of steps you need to take to file a report with them. If you shipped the muzzleloader to him via the U.S. Postal service, you might beable to get them involved some how. This kind of situation can be tricky andfrustrating with you living in one state and him, and his business, in another.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I concur with you lone wolf. I just hate to hang another person without giving him all the rope I can. I sent him one last e-mail this evening. I hate to make waves, but somewhere along the line I think I am going to have to make a few. I posted on a couple of sites, and I am really hoping he reads my post and takes care of the problem before I have to take the next step. Tom.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Have you asked him for a refund and return of the rifle at any point?If so, what was his response? If he was worth anything as a business man, he should have offered that option to you a while back, seeing that he's apparently waaaay behind onscheduled delivery dates.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

He did offer me a refund one time, about four months ago. But at that time he assured me that I would have my new stock in 30 more days. He said he had the wood(I ordered a piece of exhibition grade Walnut). I really did want the stock, so we agreed that he would finish the project. But that was 4 months ago. He has only responded to me one other time since that response. There would have been an additional $250 charge to finish the rifle(payable upon completion), but he said he would waiver the additional charge , becausehe knew he had been screwing me around. I really did want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Tom.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Smith just sent me an e-mail stating that the stock has been carved. And that he is about to fit the action. He said it would take 4 to 6 more weeks. His question was do I want the stock or my money back(I really do want the stock). What do you guys think? Tom.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Fork Horn

You say you really want the stock but, it's been over 10 months now and he is telling you another six weeks. If you relly want the stock and he did respond this time I would ask for a telephone number where you could contact himand then I would ask for a weekly update.If he baulks at that or fails to give you an update then I would ask him to returnyour gun and your money.

Quick Reply: ML Ripoff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.