Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Anyone needing a TC Black Diamond XR .45 deal

Old 04-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone needing a TC Black Diamond XR .45 deal

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

ORIGINAL: Flatland Hunter

I suppose that is why he said, "Anyone needing..." You obviously don't need or want it, but for those who do that is a great deal...
Yes, your right, I don't need or want it. It is a very great deal for $149, I have never seen a TC that low of a cost. As for why I said what I said, most folks on the forum I note do not shot 45 cal, they are shooting 50, I just wanted to let Fawns know there there is a downside to a 45, since most will not know what the down sides are.
Chap Gleason
I suppose that folks should be familiar with their Hunting Regs... as a rule .45 and above is good for deer sized animals in most states and the BD is also legal to use in most states, especially those requiring exposed ignitions. This is a great deal for those needing or able to use them... just thought your initial posting was bit off the mark. Meaning, very negative, guy is passing along a great deal and the deal is slammed for mainly personal reasons.

I wouldn't buy it... already have a .451 cal. Just thought you came off as a bit of jerk... you are probably not one. You just came away sounding like one. I understand after reading your second post about educating noobs but it can be done better.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Thats a good deal. I just bought a gun last week so I'm going to miss out on this one. UC you getting one?
Old 04-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, hate to pass but I will. Got to start saving my pennies fer sumpin else.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Flatland Hunter

I suppose that folks should be familiar with their Hunting Regs... as a rule .45 and above is good for deer sized animals in most states and the BD is also legal to use in most states, especially those requiring exposed ignitions. This is a great deal for those needing or able to use them... just thought your initial posting was bit off the mark. Meaning, very negative, guy is passing along a great deal and the deal is slammed for mainly personal reasons.

I wouldn't buy it... already have a .451 cal. Just thought you came off as a bit of jerk... you are probably not one. You just came away sounding like one. I understand after reading your second post about educating noobs but it can be done better.
Flatland Hunter, Your correct, I threw water on his campfire. I will correct the post. Thanks for your rebuke. Chap Gleason
Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Chap, I appreciate your response... thank you.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

Jump on it Dave; You really need another muzzleloader. Arizona by the way does not specify that the rifle must be .50 for elk. You can use the .45 but I would use a very heavy bullet. In fact I am going to the heaviest conical that my White will shoot and thay my shoulder can stand. Since I just bought one 97 and have another in the works I think I am good and don't need this one. Great deal however and I am a buyers club member.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I had the rascal in the shopping cart and was shopping for bullets.. that's how close I was. Then I thought..."What the heck are you doing? You just had to add eight more slots to the gun rack you have, and they are filled from the over flow." Thank goodness they did not have the bullets I wanted. I cam e to my senses, then clicked that page off, and am not going back there anymore.

[:-] it would be kind of fun to own one though?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO!! Dave I am the same way buying guns...its an addiction [:@] Hard to just say no when they are so nice.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Dave
I didn't dare look or i would have one I don't have your will power to resist new guns. LOL
Old 04-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

Dave: Don't know if you saw my post on the 97 Whitetail Hunter but it arrived. It is as advertised. Couldn't find a flaw until I looked real close. There is a slight delamination near the butt but it is just a surface thing and I put a little stock filler liquid on it and it is now solid. I could have sanded it off as it is just a sliver on the surface. The rifle is like new and well taken care of. Still have not figured out how to post a picture. Any help?? It came with about 20 of the White bullets in sabots and two conicals in the hard case. He had Pyrodex to go with the rifle but could not ship it so I didn't get that. Not a biggy. I am really wanting to get out and shoot it but the range on weekends is too full. Maybe by the middle of next week. I didn't get an owners manual and am not sure I need it but would like to see what comes with a White.

Quick Reply: Anyone needing a TC Black Diamond XR .45 deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.