Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shooting Knight Disc with new RMC VPeep Sight

Old 04-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting Knight Disc with new RMC VPeep Sight

It was beautiful today so I shot my Knight Disc after taking the 3x9 Scope off it and having installed an RMC VPeep. First shot was 4.5 inches low. So adjusted up and shot 2 and3 were pretty close to one another but still low. So adjusted up again and shot 4, 5, 6. This was at 25 yards, open sights. RMC VPeep. Next time out I will sight in at 50 yards about 2" high at 50 is what I am hoping for. This was 80g of 777, with Harvester Crushed rib sabot and 300g Speer Gold Dot.
Chap Gleason

Old 04-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shooting Knight Disc with new RMC VPeep Sight

Looks like every gun you're shooting likes the MMP chrushed rib sabots. Guess I'm going to have to give them a try!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man you got to like nice weather to get out and do some shooting without wearing toques and mittens. lol [:@]

Good shooting Chapman!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wabi

Looks like every gun you're shooting likes the MMP chrushed rib sabots. Guess I'm going to have to give them a try!
I don't buy bullet with sabots any more, I shoot Nosler Partition 300g for hunting and Hornady XTP Mag 300g for practice or Speer Gold Dot. I am transfering over to the Gold Dot for both practice and hunting with FL, Knight and Omega after this fall, since I have about 50 Noslers left. I like the crushed rib because the go down pretty easy and shoot good with about any .452 bullet (Nosler, Gold Dot and Hornady XTP are all .452). I always swab at range and in field. In field I use bore butter, at range I use 1 patch of rusty duck, Windshield washer fuid and 93% rubbing alochol. I use sand bags for my rest, and I shoot off my tailgate on my truck.
Chap Gleason