Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

switching powders....

Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 PM

Default RE: switching powders....

I find APP hard to find in my area. 777 everybody handles, so I buy that and Black powder, which I shoot in FL. 777 does do a bad crud ring in my Omega, the APP doesn't. If you find the APP shoots well and you can get it without paying $20 extra for the shipping fee, I would stay with that, since it doen't leave a crud ring and you get very little stuff in the barrel when you field clean it. I have heard that APP is more prone to moisture build up, but that has never happened to me. Jim Shockey shoots it and put his name on it, so it can't be that bad. I think it is a little over priced also. That is my opinion. Chap Gleason
[/quote]
Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 PM

dangit, I can't figure out how to quote. Help me out lol.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

outdoorslover

2 ways that i use... select the text (drag across the text) you want to quote - right click on the text - choose "copy"

Then in your message:

1. put the cursor in the body of your message where you want the quote to occur... then move the mouse pointer to the "quote" symbol in the legend - click the "quote" symbol you will see in your message (quote] [/quote) Then copy your copy quote from the other message - place the cursor between the two quote marks and right click and select paste..

2. place the cursor in the body where you want the "quote" and right click again - choose "paste"
dangit, I can't figure out how to quote. Help me out lol.
After it has pasted the quote select the "quote" in you message (turn it blue) then put the cursor on the "quote" symbol in the legend up above. The symbol between <% & ABC that will put the information in quotes...

Hope this helps... gotta go - headed out looking for Tom Turkey...

Old 04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

I use a different system yet. I click on the quote at the upper right corner of the message that I want to quote. Then I highlight and delete any of the message that I do not want in the quote then space down below thequote thingy above and type in what I want. Then click on OK (I tried following your system but not being a puter guy I gave up and fumbled my way through this method).
Old 04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not related, but this has got to be the strangest forum on the net for posting pictures (strange in a good way). It's the only place I know of where, if you want to post a pic, all you need do is copy the pic from some place (on the internet)and paste it into the message body. No code or image tags required. You can then even resize the image right then and there by using the little drag bars that appear.

Try that here and then try it on any other forum you might visit.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

I will have to try that. I have never posted a picture on any of the forums as it seemed too complicated for my little brain to comprehend. I am only fairly competent with the computer but a long way from really computer knowledgeable. I just bull my way through with a lot of bad approaches and finally I stumble on something that works. The technology has rushed right past me in the last few years. I have no idea what a "bluetooth" is other than the one next to the good ones in my mouth.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: MLKeith

I will have to try that. I have never posted a picture on any of the forums as it seemed too complicated for my little brain to comprehend. I am only fairly competent with the computer but a long way from really computer knowledgeable. I just bull my way through with a lot of bad approaches and finally I stumble on something that works. The technology has rushed right past me in the last few years. I have no idea what a "bluetooth" is other than the one next to the good ones in my mouth.
lets see if this worked
Old 04-18-2007, 03:08 PM

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 04-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the help. I have never posted a picture directly on this site but that's my next thing to learn.

Sabotloader, you have to be the most confusing explainer ever! I didn't understand a word you said. ML Keith helped a bit better. Thanks though.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

outdoorslover

Sabotloader, you have to be the most confusing explainer ever! I didn't understand a word you said.
Sorry - you want I should try again...

Quick Reply: switching powders....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.