Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Scope on my White

Old 03-24-2007, 03:10 PM

Default RE: New Scope on my White

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

cayugad

Who is that guy? (yeoman) talking about estate liability taxes... Gees! i do not even know what he is talking about... Are liabilty taxes real or a substitute... Sides everyone knows it is cheaper to ship west than it is east... an a nother thing there is more room in the west to shoot that long shooting rifle - it would not be contained here- it could roam...
Naw.....send it south a little ways to Indiana......you could have visitation from that distance!
Old 03-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm deeply touched by how many of you have offered to open your homes to my White Ultra Mag. And I am guessing many of you are touched (in the head)as well if you think I would ever part with this rifle...

This is one rifle that really found a home. I just wish I had bought this one first. I would not have the need for all the other ones in the collection. OH.. and no, they do not need a new home either.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

Cayugad -

You say you have an interest in another 1X for another gun. With the Warne QD rings, would you really need another or is it a convenience thing?
Old 03-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Dominant Buck

While this one is set up for my White Ultra Mag, there is no telling where it would hit on another rifle with a different load. So it is just easier to get another scope, rings, bases, and set up another rifle IMO.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Well that gives me an idea. If the rings contained the mechanism for ajusting the scope, each gun would be individually tuned. Just snap in the scope and go. No?
Old 03-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Dominant Buck

There is such rings out there I believe that help to "solve" scope adjustment problems. Personally I like the QD rings, and would just pop for another scope. But that is an idea if I am thinking what you are.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Johnmorris

Good shooting Dave as you know I bought a Thompson last year and have had same results. I jave a friend who bought a Traditions 1x 32 from Scheels in Eau Claire they carry a blue for 49.95 and a camo for 70.00. Its is very clear with good duplex about half the price of TC but I don't know abut warrinty
John I talked to Scheels Sporting Goods in Eau Claire today. Scott in sporting goods was real helpful. He said they have one of the Traditions left but did not recommend them as the T/C and Nikon both have much better glass. He also said they only carry a 1 year warranty although he has heard nothing bad about them. I told him I would hold off. At least we have it all worked out that he will mail me anything I want to purchase over there other then firearms I suppose. So if you see any more good deals, let me know...
Old 03-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Dave as a fellow Wisconsinite The white doesn't need to leave the state
It probably would like white company and my place could provide several
buddies. Anyway I have 2 Nikon 1x scopes and I really like them, both came from Scheels in Appleton Wi. Seems like the kids like to get me gift cert. from there. I also bought about 4 sets of those warne rings when they were on sale (Cabela's).
Redclub
Old 03-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

The fellow I talked to at Scheels today said they had the Nikon 1X20mm on sale for $159.99 and no Thompson Center in stock right now but expecting more. He did have one of the Tradition's but I declined as I like this Thompson Center scope.

I had never even heard of a Scheels Store until John mentioned one the other day. I guess living in the middle of no where has some real disadvantages. As for sending my White down to you.. well it might miss my rifles in the rack and I would hate to burden you with a whiner. Like you, when those rings came on sale I bought three sets of them also. Those are my favorite. In fact I just got done cleaning the White from another EXCELLENTrange session. I decided I would leave the 1X sighted in at 50 yards since that is the longest most shots would be around here. So a few adjustments and it tuned in perfect. Of course I put a red dot up and the sun was perfect on that dot today. I could really see it back in the woods.

I knew it was hitting high and to the left, so before I shot I adjusted the elevation and fired three shots for group #1. Then I over adjusted a little and shot group #2 and I have to admit it kind of shook me a little.I even thre one. Sothen thefinal adjustment I made and then just kept shooting.

After that I hung a soda can on the target and plugged that four times for something different. So that scope is all set for shooting in the woods and short field shots.

I then threw the 2-7x32mm Nikon on it and really made Bullshop some more money, shooting off a total of 35 conicals today. Overall it was a great day. I also got a hold of wood goat and should have my custom range rod here today or tomorrow I figure...
Old 03-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, you sellin' any of those other rifles yet?

Quick Reply: New Scope on my White

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.