Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Apex back at cableas and on sale!

Old 03-20-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Apex back at cableas and on sale!

Just checked cabelas and the winchester apex is back on sale! SS barrel and camo stock for $229.00

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0029575215048a&navCount=1&podI d=0029575&parentId=cat20815&masterpathid=& amp;navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20712-cat20815_TGP&catalogCode=7IS&rid=&pare ntType=index&indexId=cat20815&hasJS=true
Old 03-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Apex back at cableas and on sale!

Just got mine last week. Can't wait to get out and shoot it. Nice looking rifle for the money.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:33 AM

Got mine from Cabalas yesterday! Very nice. I also can't wait to get it to the range. It's the same gun that Bass Pro Shop is advertising in their spring catalog for $279.99 and is already sold out.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:48 PM

Maybe you can get it this time FG. Good luck to you. You'll need it(kidding of course).
Old 03-21-2007, 02:52 PM

lol.. Everytime i have money in the pocket, something like this pops up. But no, Im going to keep my x-150 as my only inline. I just got it resighted in for 100 yards and will do some shooting tomorrow. I messed up what would have been a perfect, all 3 shots touching, I forgot how i aimed on the first shot and so on the last 2 shots i remembered and those were the 2 that were touching. Truglo sights have been doing excellent so far. But tomorrow i'll be reporting back on how the x-150 did with the new sights and the ghost ring. First 6 shots i took went about 2 feet over the 100 yard target lol
Old 03-21-2007, 04:46 PM

FG.....2 foot groups is a start!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:07 PM

2 feet HIGH lol. not 2 foot groups. I dont think its possible to shoot a 2 foot group, even with whats his name behind the rifle... lol Just kiddin!

The last groups i got, if i just go by the last 2 shots, were 1/4", Im doing more shooting tomorrow. To whooped to do anymore today. Raked the lawn, watered all the trees, bushes and to top it off, pulled the windshield out of a 53 ford mainline. Also cleaned the rifle which didnt take very long. I used that orange scent 409 and that worked really damn well. But tomarrow will be a shooting only day. Screw everything else lol.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:47 PM

Well now FG, you can't be disappointed with what I can do with the Omega now. Confidence is what brings success. I'm confident in my gun now and it seems you are certainly confident in the X-150. Just use what works.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:04 PM

Ever since i put the ghost ring on, i was never able to shoot it with the great plains bullets thanks to the local stores never restocking. 2 months later they had 2 boxes and i bought em both! Im going to get it on at 100 yards tomorrow and see how it does. Once i get it on target again, it gets cleaned and the little .45 comes out for 100 yard target. I love shooting that little rifle lol, so little powder, so little kick, great accuracy. Im going to set up pop cans to shoot at with it. Possibly bring a hammer and punch to adjust the sight.. Shoots a hair to the right @ 100 yards. Little bullet gets blown off easily by the wind. But yeah the x-150 is doing its job. Hows the omega doing for you outdoors? Have you shot any "new" bullets or charges?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:15 PM

It's great!! Did you read my post about my last range session?

I shot a 3 inch 3 shot group at 100 and I shot one bullet directly into the other at 50. I'm getting the hang of it.

Want the pics? I'll send em if you do.

I bought a truck and snowmobile and crap so I'm broke. No more tinkering for me. I just gotta use the load that works.I probably won't do much shooting until closer to ML season.

Out for tonight.

Quick Reply: Apex back at cableas and on sale!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.