Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Weaver Mounts Question.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Weaver Mounts Question.

Anyone use Weaver mount base for their scope? I picked up the bases today, I couldnt get the scope mounts until i knew what size the scope was and if i would need low or medium rings. Im scoping the x-150 for the summer, just to see what the best accuracy i can get out of it. Im using a cheap made in china scope that was on my 30-30 and was accurate, so hopefully it will work out. I couldnt believe they actually had the mounts for the x-150 and only $7! Not sure of the brand of scope but its a 3-9x32 and clear.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Weaver Mounts Question.

My Knight Disc has Weaver mounts and rings, haven't had any problems with and its been 5-6 seasons...
Old 03-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Dominant Buck

The Weaver bases are fine, but when it comes to rings, all I use now are Warne Maxima QD rings.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

My Knight Disc has Weaver mounts and rings, haven't had any problems with and its been 5-6 seasons...
I have the same setup on my Knight Origonal Disc, which I have used for 7 seasons. Just made it a open sight gun, so I could use it in colorado in ML season or something like that. I have had no problems with the mounts.
Chap Gleason
Old 03-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

FG

Weaver makes, well actually Weaver doen'tmake them, butWeaver bases come in different varieties, some very inexpensive to some that are as expensive asthe rest of the high quality base... Same with their rings several price options... The really are some high quality rings out there that are not that expensive. If you are only mounting the scope as an experiment - I sure would not spend a lot of money on them. Sounds like you already have your setup though and you are getting ready push bullets down the barrel...

Old 03-20-2007, 06:24 PM

The rings i think were leupold for $24.95.

He wants me to bring the rifle in so he can see if i can use the low set rings or if i'll need the medium rings. He's also going to bore sight it for free. Great place to do business with and always friendly. They just need to start carrying more bullets. Had the 410 great plains but no 385s!

Thanks for all the info guys. When it comes to scopes and the whole package, thats where i start to drift off. Havnt shot a scoped rifle in, going on 3 years.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:42 PM

Hows the bushnell banner scope? I'd like some not so expensive. After some thinking, I'd like to get a reasonably priced scope that will be good for rifle season. Were going after deer for muzzleloading and elk during 3ed rifle season. I would also like something with a 3-12 Power.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use weaver mounts on most of my scoped guns. The only thing that comes to mind that has not been mentioned is the fact that by puting the mounts on frist and individually and holding them tight toward the muzzle [which is the direction recoil will slide them in if you don't] they work better especally for a muzzle loader when you need to take them off make sure that you slide the whole assemably all the way forward and hold it there while you tighten it so it will maintain your "0". Lee
Old 03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Hows the bushnell banner scope? I'd like some not so expensive. After some thinking, I'd like to get a reasonably priced scope that will be good for rifle season. Were going after deer for muzzleloading and elk during 3ed rifle season. I would also like something with a 3-12 Power.

I have used a Bushnell Banner Dusk to Dawn for three years now on my Black Diamond XR. While the scope only costed $69.00 I am very impressed with the clarity, the light gathering ability, and the fact that as any powerful loads I have shot out of the Diamond, it has never varied at all. I should point out, I have the 1.5-4.5x32mm but for what I use it for, it's been excellent.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also have one and have, I have had it for 3 years although I have some that are much more expensive I do not have any I like better. Lee

Quick Reply: Weaver Mounts Question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.