Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Blackpowder what is the best for the money?

Old 12-11-2002, 11:13 AM

Default Blackpowder what is the best for the money?

I have been hunting for a long time usually during black powder I shoot
my bow. This year I would like to purchase a black powder but I do not know anything about them I was wondering if any one can help? Do I really need to spend $400 on a gun with a scope to get a good one.

Also last year during black powder I saw several deer shot from what I could tell it looked and sounded like they where shot with a shotgun and not a
black powder. When the deer gets checked in can they tell what the animal was shot with or is that something that they do not even check.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:19 PM

Default RE: Blackpowder what is the best for the money?

madman, check out my post from a few weeks back, very similar subject, at least to the first part of your question.

http://forum.hunting.net/bbs/topic.a...48&FORUM_ID=26

I just shot the Hunterbolt yesterday for the first time, first 2 shots out of the box @ 50 yds were touching each other, 1 inch to right of bullseye. From what I've seen and read, I'm thinking, Good Value!