Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

WOW good drool time.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default WOW good drool time.

I needed a bunch of bullets and some other things nobody in this area carries so I went to Williams Gun Sight. I love to vist there and see all the used guns from the single shot 22lr to the 10ga shot guns. Some were so negleted by the past owner it wants to make you cry, how can somebody neglect some thing so much.
Any way in the Ml rack a CVA some thing like a Hawkins for 95.00 looked good on the out side but I didn't have my bore lite with me. An Applo, Didn't those get recalled? An Omega with a very sharpe trigger toe. A nice Knight 52, finding fodder for it has to be like finding needles in hay stacks.
One I thought was neat,a Ithica. With a simple allen wrench you can change it from a right handed rifle to a left handed one.A Winny x150 with a huge scope of some sort, I think a 6 x 24.
They also have Black Mag 3 powder.
Nope didn't buy or lay any rifles or shot guns away. Just boughtsome bullets for the 30 cals and a box of 300gr. 50 cal Speergold dots for my 54cal. for $16.58.
Not many bullets on the shelf. Said was due to the price of bullets going up and down so much. If you don't see the bullets you ask may not be on the shelf.

Al
Old 03-06-2007, 11:06 AM

Default RE: WOW good drool time.

The Apollo with 95 or 96 in the serial # need to be sent back to cva for replacement. All of the others are Ok. Got any pics of the rifles? What do you mean by sharp trigger toe?

whats the x-150 look like? How much did you give for it? I love that rifle lol.

Edit... Awwww! you didnt buy any? you're no fun!
Old 03-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The end of the trigger I call the toe, some one grandpa maybe taught me. Anyway was sharp to the touch.

Al
Old 03-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

The Apollo with 95 or 96 in the serial # need to be sent back to cva for replacement. All of the others are Ok. Got any pics of the rifles?
Yep! I havea CVA Apollo Eclipise that I bought in 1996and they replaced the barrel without me sending it in. A couple of weeks later they screwed up and sent me another!I replaced the barrel and have a brand new one in the safe. You have to remove the sights off your old one and install them on the new barrel.

I bought the Apollo for my son, I shoot a Knight Wolverine.