Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Austin-Halleck in line report

Old 12-09-2002, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Austin-Halleck in line report

I recently purchased an Austin-Halleck inline 50 cal muzzleloader. This is the $199 model from bass pro with the nickel barrel, I think it's a model #329. Anyway, I finally got a chance to shoot it this weekend and was truly impressed. After sighting in, I shot a 3 shot group with all shot holes touching at 100 yards. It was less than an inch across the group any way you measure it. The factory timney trigger and 26" barrell really do the job. I was shooting 90 grains of weighed RS pryodex and the 240 grain hornady sabot. Our second muzzleloader season opens today so I didn't have time to experiment with loads and bullets but after shooting, I don't know if I need to.
The quality of the gun is also impressive but I've never owned an inline so I might be easily impressed.
I thought this info might help someone in their muzzeloading purchasing decision.