Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Going to test Tradtions warranty soon

Old 02-20-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Going to test Tradtions warranty soon

I went to the mtn man shop today and picked up a tc frizzen to mod and fit on my traditions kentucky and when i was taking my frizzen off i noticed my frizzen spring was cocked and it turns out the pressure from the spring has cocked the little screw and while i was unscrewing it, the screw stripped out along with the sideplate. So now we will see what traditions will do with their warranty. But as for the TC lock im going to try to use, i'll be welding some extra metal in and filling the original hole then drill a new correct size hole and it should work like a charm.

My brother also picked up an adjustable tumbler for his cva mountain stalker and we got it adjusted with a hair trigger tomaybe and this is a big maybe, 2 lbs pull. This should help him with his grouping. That swap only took a few minutes.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:56 PM

Default RE: Going to test Tradtions warranty soon

Just got off the phone with traditions and they are having me send it in for inspection and more than likely replacement. Took a while for someone to answer the phone but its all done now. Even gave me a tracking # for the new lock.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Going to test Tradtions warranty soon

Good luck with that Frontier...it sounds like they're going to do the right thing.