Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Broken Rifle today

Old 02-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Broken Rifle today

The weather will get better, and it starts here its been up to 70 two days in a row now I think spring is on the way. Lee
Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Get better.. 30ºs is a nice temperature to shoot in. A little snow never bothered me. Actually we had a couple real warm days this week and the trail I walk to the target settled and melted then re-froze. That was the worst. Its like walking on a narrow ice skating rink..

But you're right, it will warm up real soon and then we can have mud season here...
Old 02-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

We already have mud season. I need to order a truckload or two of gravel for my driveway so I can get down it again. We've had a blanket of snow for most of the last 2 months and it soaked in well as it melted. Normally it melts within 1 to 2 weeks and drys a bit before the next storm comes through but so far this year we've had a storm almost every week for Jan. and Feb. Of course I'm not going to complain too much since I do live in the high desert south west and we can always use the moisture. Just wish it didn't had to leave mud behind. It has definately warmed up in the last couple of weeks but we have gotten snow as late asmid april and frosts as late as mid may around here.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Well today the UPS man pulled in and I was of course on the shooting range. He said he had a small package this time. It was the lock to my Mountain Stalker.

I finished with that rifle and then put the Mountain Staker together. This lock fit perfect. All they did was sent me a brand new lock. The trigger pull on this one is actually a little better then the one I sent off, so I am more then happy.

So I will give that a range day maybe tomorrow....

I just wanted you all to know how well BPI/CVA came through with customer service. A+ people. Thanks much CVA.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:30 PM

Glad to hear that. Im actually on the phone right now waiting for traditions to pick up so i can find out what they're going to do. WOOHOO! finally got someone to pick up! They are checking on it now.

Have fun with the mtn stalker.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Another satisfied CVA customer. Congratulations. I wonder if companies are aware of and try to quantify the value or costof the internet on their business, from information shared like this? Please post your results from the new, improved lock!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 PM

well my lock still hasnt arrived. lady went and checked and nothing was there. I sent it march 5th ,First class us mail and it STILL isnt there! Last time i ever pay extra so it gets there faster! Checked the tracking number and its still enroute