Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Broken Rifle today

Old 02-12-2007, 01:54 PM

Default RE: Broken Rifle today

for $40, you couldnt get TC to sell you a new lock for that price.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

While I like the Thompson Center rifles a great deal, I bought this CVA Stalker knowing exactly what I was buying. Actually it is my walk in the marsh and through places I don't want to take my expensive rifles. Its a great shooter, and deer killer. While the Thompson Center would do the same thing, the deer never knew the difference..
Old 02-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

I was impressed with my recent CVA experience. I had broken my original wood ramrod but called them about my lock speed and availability of parts. The guy was very helpful and basically gave me some troubeshooting information. I had planned to make a new ramrod but went ahead and ordered one to help pay for his time. It arrived broken, the box having been all but cut in half by UPS. I called them expecting to ship it back, and the guy I spoke with said "don't bother, I'll send another out today" and he did. I'm impressed with their attitude and that their employees feel trusted to make front line decisions. I think you're going to feel you've been treated fairly. Keep us posted.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sure they will take care of you properly w/o any problems. Let us know...
SHills
Old 02-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Dominant Buck

It's all a waiting game now.I am sure they will come through.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

It is on its way out tonight in the US mail. Now we wait.
Cayugad - any word yet from CVA?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Still Waiting.. no word yet. But this is the way they are. When I sent in my CVA Stalker Carbine for a trigger job, the only way I knew they got the thing was with the return certification from the mail. Then a couple weeks later it showed back up at my house.

I had to smile when I seen this post as before coming on line I was looking at my rifles and saw the Mountain Stalker sitting there without a lock and thought.. wonder when I will get that lock back?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

If that has been your prior experience it's probably a good sign that you haven't heard anything. Keep us posted.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Gee Dave; sorry you don't have any other rifles to shoot. Must be a terrible thing!!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: MLKeith

Gee Dave; sorry you don't have any other rifles to shoot. Must be a terrible thing!!
[&o] Thanks for your kind concern. I will somehow suffer through the loss of that rifle... It's in the 30's snowing just a litte but nice and sunny out, I might have to visit the range today as well...

Quick Reply: Broken Rifle today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.