Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ultimate muzzleloader

Old 02-10-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Ultimate muzzleloader

Ok guys here you go you have always wanted that ultamte muzzleloader I found it for you. You want to shoot 200 grains of pyrodex powder 300 grain bullet and shoot groups of 3.75 at 500 yrds at 2400 ftps well here it is.

http://www.ultimatefirearms.com/
Old 02-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ultimate muzzleloader

Prices starting at $1600.00. Lets face it, a custom made rifle can be designed to doa lot of things. BeforeI would spend that kind of money on an inline, I would get a custom flintlock. Just my opinion mind you, and I have no problem with those that want to purchase that kind of a rifle.

I do think it is exactly rifles like this that are being used effectivly by othersto restrict future inline rifles in the muzzleloading hunting arena in some States.Those with non inline agendas can quote the statistic of these vary rifles to State Game commissioners claiming, this INLINErifle can shoot 500 yards, just like a centerfire. And for that reason, these INLINE rifles should not be in our PRIMITIVE season.

I kind of miss the days when muzzleloading was a simple patch and ball.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well said,I agree!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Spike

I agree also!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:40 PM

Well i agree I personaly would not spend that kind of money and think it takes away fromt the purpose of muzzleloading but I just found it interesting and decided to post it. I handleld one today at the turkey and deer spectacular in Lansing MI. Just thought some folks would find it interesting also.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

You need to have a little bit of challange left in shooting a muzzle loader. I am useing mr hawken more and more,in fact I would like to get a deer with my Ruger black powder; it works just fine on Boar if you place your shot. Lee
Old 02-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang! My shoulder and neck are hurting just thinking about shooting that gun!

Interesting, but not for me.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:08 PM

Another solution to a non-problem. Part of the challenge of hunting with a front stuffer is to get in as close as you can through stealth and cunning.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I like the idea of using a traditional muzzleloader because I like the challenge of it, and I like the late season. The muzzleloader that you are referring to has more potential that most of my so called centerfire hunting rifles.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats it...it seems like I have more fun muzzleloader seaosn than the rest combined. Theres no hunting pressure no pressure on yourself and the freezer is usually already full. Theres been trips I think I have missed most of the deer in the county...lol. Kill or skunked its always a blast. 2 of my most memorable days ever int he woods were spent in the snow during ml season.

Quick Reply: Ultimate muzzleloader

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.