Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Knight Master Hunter

Old 02-08-2007, 02:37 PM

Default New Knight Master Hunter

I screwed around and missed buying this ML w/scope and Bi pod for new for $400. When I decided to go back and get it someone had bought it the day before. I happen to know the man (local game warden) and at church last I traded for it. I had a Winchester Big Bore 94 375 Win cal that has never been fired along with 10 boxes of the original ammo + $75. He left this morning for Alberta to bring another load of Elk back to Tennessee for release. We have some monster bulls now. As soon as he gets backI will pick up my KMH. The ML gods must love me. It puts the GPH on the back burner for now. by the way we will have our first drawing for Elk in 2007. I don't remember if it is 3 or 5 tags will be drawn at a public viewing in SeptI believe.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New Knight Master Hunter

oldwun

Man are you going to like that Knight... IMO - that happens to be one of the really good ones....

Not sure about the trade of your M94 - but if you are happy that is all that counts... no matter what the rest of us think... I traded a Winchester Model 70 (pre-64) - 06 for a varmint gun - boy did I catch a lot of flack for that....

Old 02-08-2007, 03:35 PM

Default SABOTLOADER

The WBB 94 was a post 64 lever rifle designed on the 30/30 case but it was not necked down. Win quit making ammo for it a couple of years ago. I got it to carry when we lived in CO. If I filled my Elk tag it was easier to carry. WhenI need a lever gun here in Tennessee for hogs I used to grab my 45/70. Now I hunt them with a bow most of the time. I am going to Fl later for some hog hunting but I am taking a ML on this trip.

I won't trade any of my 5 Win pre 64 rifles~~~
Old 02-08-2007, 06:36 PM

Default RE: SABOTLOADER

You should like that Knight!!! I know nothing of the gun traded for it. Good luck and good shooting!!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New Knight Master Hunter

That's one heck of a deal for a 900 dollar gun. That's the best Knight made I would have some if they had a resonable price tag. You mentioned your getting Elk in Tennessee. Is that on public grounds and can us outsiders get tags?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:35 AM

Default gotbuck

They are just now getting ready for the very first Elk hunt in Tennessee. It is a resident only drawing for now and I don't see it ever changing. You never know here as the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency is a very politial money hungry bunch. We have the highest resident license fee in the country. I am lucky to have a lifetime Sportsman. The Elk thing is neat. They have released between 150-250 and we are getting 100 more in Tennessee.I am lucky enough to be involved in the release. The GW I ytaded out of the Knight is a close friend. We ride up on 4 wheelers and see them often. I also see them when i hunt deer in that area. We actually have seen 3 7 pointers many times. If u illegaly kill one it will cost u $35k. You can do a searh for TWRA in Tenessee and it will tell u more.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: gotbuck

That's great and your in the front row. Good luck on the tags. I did'nt expect to see outsiders hunting on the first year, maybe in 10 years when the heard develops. You can go shoot it with that new Knight
Old 02-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

We released Elk in Wi. too but now they are just wolf feed
Redclub
Old 02-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Spike

Oldwun, I bought one when they first came out off the net new for $700 came with 2 stocks, Laminated thumb hole and a black composit. I have never used the black composit stock. That gun is the Cadillac of the Knight line, it is one fantastic shooter. I wouldn't sell it for twice what I paid. I have killed Deer in excess of 200 yards