Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Dang what a difference

Old 02-09-2007, 12:50 PM

Default RE: Dang what a difference

I too bought kleenbores and don't like 'em either. I shoot a cva hunterbolt with a scope and theres very little room to remove the primer by hand, but it's faster than using the tool to decap. Kleenbore's always jam in the breech plug and no other brand ever gave me that problem. Impossible to do a quick reload hunting, so kleenbores are no good to me. Even plinking, they're a pain! My bolt however, crushes all brands of 209 primers to the point where blowback pushes the center out of the primers exterior cylinder but never noticed any difference in p.o.i. That only tells me a primer will almost never misfire. As a matter of fact, I've only had one batch of bad primers give me a problem and they were of a questionable source.(but I've dry balled once[&:]. graduated from those who will, to those who have!)
Old 02-09-2007, 01:13 PM

Default RE: Dang what a difference

exactly! the kleanbores always jammed and never came out. With the cci's, the bolt pulls them half way out and i just hold the rifle up and give it a shake and its out. Even the w209 primers were hard to pull out. So far cci has been #1 in this rifle.