Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

can you scorch paper/canvas if you shoot it at close range?

Old 02-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: can you scorch paper/canvas if you shoot it at close range?

Couple of ideas...Use different containers for each color of paint, line them up and shoot them, should look pretty neat, as the colors will mingle in the air and make differents arrays and shades of color....

For a different effect, you could use different containers and shoot them one at a time, I would also expect you would have a different effect if you let each layer dry, or if you didn't...You could also experiment by hitting the containers in different areas, making the paint hit the canvas at different angles, and could also setup the container at different distances and change from left to right, lining up on the canvas...

And finally, try different sized containers, with different amounts of paint...Heck, you've got me thinking about trying, can you imagine getting Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts together and doing this type project, maybe offering the final product to a local auction (the NC Zoo is located here and we have these type fund raisers each year)...Good Luck....
Old 02-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: can you scorch paper/canvas if you shoot it at close range?

ORIGINAL: metaldonnieg

Being an art student I'm always thinking of new ways to create "art." I don't really think burnt paper would be but the teachers encourage originality so...

If I planned out some type of pattern and shot something at close range would it give me a hole with scorch marks around it?
There are records of people having their clothes set o fire by being shot at close range with a black powder firearm..............