Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TK 2000 came today.....

Old 02-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default TK 2000 came today.....

And it is going back already. Now keep in mind the only thing I know of these guns is wht I have heard, I have never handled one until today when I received the one I ordered. From now on I will handle a gun before I buy it. The first thing I noticed when handling it was the plastic trigger guard. I then moved the safety back and forth and saw the camo coating come off the barrel underneath it. Next I took off the barrel to further inspect it and noticed that a big peice of the camo coating was missing from the other side of the barrel.I gave those two spots a light pick with my nail and the coating came off quite easily where it had already started coming off. The rear sight was completely loose. It was in a sealed box and in sealed plastic inside the box so it doesn't seem to be a return and I didn't see any evidence of it being fired before. It might be a good shooter, but my confidence would never have been high in the workmanship of the gun. This is not an attack on Knight products, just my first impression and opinion of the TK 2000. I handled the Traditions Pursuit Pro 12ga and the workmanship on that gun was far beyond what I saw in the TK2000. So needless to say that will be the gun I am going to pruchase. Cabelas customer service was very helpful in the return, UPS will be picking everything up from my door. Here are pictures of the chipped camo coating.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TK 2000 came today.....

This has nothing to do woth your gun, but it does pertain to Cabelas customer service.

I think they do a really good job with returns. I brought in a coat I purchased a year and a half ago with a broken zipper and they ended up giving me a new coat -because it wasnt fixedat the time they said it would be done.

I always buy from there even if it is a few bucks more because they will stand by it and now its in Omaha.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Dominant Buck

What were your impressions of the stock to barrel and hardware fit? I understand that the camo paint was not sealed or something, but other then cosmetic what else was wrong with it?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:35 PM

Thats a heart breaker.

I held that traditions XLT .50 ml'er this weekend and really really want it now lol. Look like its time to go with the traditions shotgun?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cayugad

What were your impressions of the stock to barrel and hardware fit? I understand that the camo paint was not sealed or something, but other then cosmetic what else was wrong with it?
The stock was solid inside, but it only attaches with one lug and lug screw so it was loose up front. The fit between the stock and barrel was tight. I really didn't like the plastic trigger guard. I hate to sound so harsh, but overall the gun felt cheaply made. It didn't cock smooth and I really didn't like the idea of having to use those red cap holders either.

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Thats a heart breaker.

I held that traditions XLT .50 ml'er this weekend and really really want it now lol. Look like its time to go with the traditions shotgun?
I ordered the Traditions Pursuit Pro 12ga already. It should be here in a few days.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:45 PM

MO, did you get those shims i sent out to you?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I enhanced those pictures of yours for a better look at the problem. I can sure see why you were upset. I would have thought that after they dipped or what ever they do to put the camo on, there would have been some kind of a sealer put over that to make sure that exact thing did not happen...

Of course, you could have simply saved some money and orders a blue/black model...
Old 02-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

MO, did you get those shims i sent out to you?
Yes, they came today. I sent the Kodiak back already after speaking with CVA on the phone last week. I will be installing them when I get my gun back from them. Thank you very much!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I enhanced those pictures of yours for a better look at the problem. I can sure see why you were upset. I would have thought that after they dipped or what ever they do to put the camo on, there would have been some kind of a sealer put over that to make sure that exact thing did not happen...

Of course, you could have simply saved some money and orders a blue/black model...
I didn't know there wasa TK2000that was not all camo. But I am buying a shotgun for turkey hunting so I want all camo.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:19 PM

Default frontier gander

oldwun here... I got the shims today. I appreciate them. I will kepp u infromed once I install them. I do notice the fit of the stock to the barrel is exterely tight on my Omega. I suspect I will have to relive some of that.

Quick Reply: TK 2000 came today.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.