Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TK 2000 came today.....

Old 02-05-2007, 05:24 PM

Default RE: frontier gander

I don't blame u for being dissapointed with your TK 2000. I purchased one of the from Cabelo's and mine was in good shape. I did notice the plastic trigger gaurd. Mine is an excellent shooter but if it came in the shape yours did I would have ask for a replacement or do as u did and order a different ML SG. I would be interested in how your new one patterns. I didn't buy that one because of the patterns my friend was getting with his.
Good luck.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:25 PM

Oh great! Hope they help gain some accuracy. I know they helped me quite a bit. If you cant run the paper between the barrel/stock due to the tight fit, just file down the spots touching the barrel. Good luck to both of you.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I personally know one person that hunts turkey with his Knight TK2000 and he swears by it. He's a big time turkey hunt. You know, the kind that would hunt turkey over deer or anything else. He lives for it. He bought the Knight simply because he "read" you got extended range with them over a modern shotgun.

He mounted a RED DOT on his, and swears he took a bird at 41 yards and it never twitched a feather after he shot. Although like I said, I know him personally and he is known to stretch a good story. But he does shoot a lot of turkey.

As for the need for camo.. I hunted turkey for years with an old double barrel Stevens 12 gauge, with a wood stock and blue barrels. Then turkeys I shot never knew what hit them and I had them birds as close as ten feet to me. I agree camo is a good thing. I personally wear a full face cover and camo, but I noted over the years it is quick movement that gets them worried. For instance, wake up from a good sleep sometimes, and they scatter like mad...
Old 02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

For instance, wake up from a good sleep sometimes, and they scatter like mad...
So it isn't just me!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

warm spring sun comfortable tree ZZZZZZ ZZZZZ by turkey. Your not the only one Dave
Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Add to that, work the midnight shift without a day off for about ten days, while at the same time working on projects around the house that your informed must be done.. them mosquitoes can hum real pretty actually when they are on the other side of the netting...
Old 02-06-2007, 09:15 AM

I hope u do post the patterns u get at 30 -40 yds. I had dinner last night with a friendand he is the one with the Traditions Pro. He just ordered the TK from Cabelo's yesterday ( hope he doesn't get the one u had). He patterened both my TK and his Pro and in his test he had 25% more pellets at 30 - 40 yds with the TK. He is upposed to give me the exact pellet count. He miked the chokes and he says that is where the diff is. Of course the same test with two dif ML might be the opposite
Old 02-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pglasgow

ORIGINAL: cayugad

For instance, wake up from a good sleep sometimes, and they scatter like mad...
So it isn't just me!
We oughta start a support group. I thought I was in a class all by myself. Get all comfy leaning back agaist that big old tree. Sun warming you up, zzzzzzzzz....
Old 02-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TK 2000 came today.....

That's ashame. You have a defect no doubt as the safty is not suppose to touch the barrel. I have an older model TK2000 camo and I don't have any paint coming off anywhere. I will post photos tonight of mine to show you what it should look like and the clearance you should have had on the safty. I don't remember mine having the plastic trigger guard which may be an update on the newer models. I'll check.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TK 2000 came today.....

Here are some photos of my rig. I was able to place a nickel in between my safty and the barrel and the safty never rubs the gun barrel. All my components fit snug and nothing is loose. I even looked at my paint job and I can say there are no bubbles in the paint and it doen not come off as I tried to scape the underside of the barrel with my thumbnail. You just got abad egg that's all and I don't blame you for sending it back considering what these go for. I would still send photos or an email to Knight and see if they can explain what happened. I checked my TK and it does have a plastic trigger guard but it is thick and stout and not cheap by any means asI have dropped this gun several times before without breaking it.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/100_1828-rev.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/100_1827-rev.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/100_1829-rev.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/100_1830-rev.jpg

I also have Traditions guns and they are great as well. Let us know how your next gun shoots.

Quick Reply: TK 2000 came today.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.