Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

bad bull muzzleloader

Old 02-04-2007, 03:59 PM

Default bad bull muzzleloader

I was doing a little surfing & found this gun, bad bull muzzleloader.com .It is kind of impressive ,according to the web site ot shoots a 300 grain bullet at 2900 fps with 5600 ft/lb of energy at muzzle with 200ft/lbs at 300 yards, you zero at 225 yards & it is only 8 in low at 300 & 3 in high at 100. Sounds like a nice piece, does anyone have one or has anybody shot one ?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: bad bull muzzleloader

Whether the rifle will do as they claim, I suspect it will. The use of smokeless powder is needed to produce these results. These rifles do claim some impressive numbers. States who object to such a muzzleloader being able to create these kind of loads need to implement a smokeless powder restriction. I have personally never seen one, shot one, or handled one, and have no intention of doing so.

With the kind of price tag these rifles carry, I do not think they will be too common on the hunting market right away. $3200.00 to custom rifle, this rifle is a little steep for my blood.

These vary rifles are the kind that Traditional rifle hunters quote statistics of, to governmental agencies when they try to influence their agenda. They just fail to mention that the majority of the inline market does not even come close to these specifications.

http://www.badbullmuzzleloaders.com/

Old 02-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: bad bull muzzleloader

If I wanted a smokeless rifle I would go w/ the Savage. I have two freinds who havethem and they are awesome shooters. I just not a bolt fan but they are clean and very flat shooters w/ 300wm performance.
SHills