Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight 2007 catalog

Old 02-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Knight 2007 catalog

Hey guys I got my new Knight catalog for 2007 and all I can say is wow. All their guns now come with 2 breechplugs, 1 that uses the familiar red plastic jackets to hold primers and another that does not require the red jackets! I actually prefer the jackets as they are easier to hold onto in the cold weather. In their catalog they also sent me the specs on their new KP1 that will will be coming out and this gun has interchangable centerfire rifle barrels for it similar to TC but not as extensive as the TC but that will change I'm sure. Check out the scans from the catalog. I also included another model they are making this year called the rolling block which is great as well. Another couple of guns in my collection for sure. Just hope I can convince the wife

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/Hunting/Knight/kp1_cover-rev.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/Hunting/Knight/kp1_2-rev.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/Hunting/Knight/kp1_3-rev.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/Hunting/Knight/kp1-4-rev.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/Hunting/Knight/kp1_5-rev.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/Hunting/Knight/kp1_6-rev.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/gotbuck1127/Hunting/Knight/kp1_7-rev.jpg

I am not an employee of Knight nor am I paid by them in any way. I'm just posting some info on their great quality guns to prove that they are in fact around to stay and give the guys that have not seen or heard of these guns a chance to be informed about another great gun from Knight Rifles.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Knight 2007 catalog

Thanks for posting that. Hope my catalog arrives soon. I wonder if they have plans for a rifled shotgun barrel? Should be a good market there also.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:48 AM

I'm a little dissapointed in Knight. There's notone thumbhole option for either of them. I guessI didn't need another gun anyway. [&o]
Old 02-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can I ask why you would want a rifled shot gun barrel?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

I hope Knight did not take on too much all at the same time. For a company that has almost faded into the past they have decided to release two new rifles all at the same time. Apparently they got a big amount of development cash from somewhere. I hope this works for them. I am impressed with the KP-1 and might just buy one although it would be my first Knight. I don't know if the rolling block will make a big dent in the market place. It does not seem to have any big improvements over any of the other muzzleloaders already out. I guess one might be accuracy as the action is solid without any pivoting of the barrel although the Omega is like that also.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:16 AM

I think Knight's gonna do great this year! They do have great guns and I think they just needed to make a few new ones that fixed any problems. Offering a breech plug that didn't use the jackets was a good move.

I think they're back in the ring and are offering some competeition again. I still don't think they're gonna suit me as well as the TC's. I held a Revolution and didn't like the way it felt at all. That's just me. I guess it's what you get used to.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:37 PM

We as consumers need some healthy competition in the higher end market. Right now it's T/C, T/C, and uhhh Smith and Wesson. I like my T/C's, but I would also like to see the market broaden a bit.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Wolfhound.. of course you need another rifle...

I personally like Knight rifles, but as strange as this might sound, I like their old models much better then their new. Perhaps if they worked to a happy medium. Granted Knight has to push forward with new design or the other companies will leave them in the dust, but all to often companies forget some of their old bread and butter rifles. Rifle that might not have smoked the market but sold well.

CVA was a good example of this. A company once very much into traditional rifles have all but phased them out because the market share is all inline rifles. The trouble is this made the traditional rifles out there much more expensive.

Someone said they sawa Knight Master Hunter somewhere for like $400.00 .. that is an incredible rifle. From all I have read and talked to other KMH shooters, those rifles just plain shoot. If I had no Knight rifles, I'd probably have to invest in one. Who knows, might do it anyway, but I am purchasing more so these days by needs and not wants... I don't need another inline, no matter who makes it.

I do wish the best for Knight though. Like Doegirl expressed, we do need that competition out there in the market place.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Wolfhound.. of course you need another rifle...
I still have one I got over a year ago I haven't shot yet. [&:]
Old 02-05-2007, 09:11 AM

I saw the Knight Master Hunter for $400. In fact I went over Saturday and it had been sold. That's whatI get fro screwing around. The sad part is it sold for $380. It had a 3 x 9 scope ( brand ??) and a Harris Bipod. They had several other Knight Syn stock Disc ML's but I have enough of them. I really wanted that Master Hunter. I know the man that bought it so me owning id still a possibility. Cayqad is correct again in saying those old Knights will shoot. My BK 92 happens to shoot the best groups of any of my ML's right now.

Quick Reply: Knight 2007 catalog

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.