Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Encore or Pro Hunter???

Old 01-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Encore or Pro Hunter???

I have very limited knowledge of ML's and was wondering what the main differences are between the originalEncore vs. the Pro Hunter besides the different stock and the swinghammer. I am going to buy soon so any help is appreciated!!
Old 01-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Encore or Pro Hunter???

Is it worth the extra $$$ for the Pro Hunter??
Old 01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Obviously the ptice is the main factor.

I think that pro hunter can have the barrels changed on it - these do range from like 250 -300? i think. I'm not quite sure what the advantage is to this. Then you have a single shot 30-06 or .270 or whatever.

I would rather have adifferent gun, especially for how much the interchangeable barrels cost.

I like the grip on the Pro Hunter, but also like the thubmhole with the Omega just the same.

I am goind to buy a camo thumbhole Omega soonso thats what Im getting. I have been shooting a CVA for three years.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Spike

Go on the TC website and you can view the differences. I think your in northern Illinois, so if you want the regular encore, Dicks Sporting Goods has them for $550 on clearance; SS/Synthetic Stock. That's the cheapest I've seen them. If you want to go cheaper price I think I might be selling my Remington Genesis. I paid $300 and would sell at a slight loss. I've shot it out to 100 yds with good results and have one kill.

Regards. Joe.

Wow, Iguess thename of the store is considered obscene. It'sthe nickname for Richard that begins with aD,Sporting Goods.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

you can get thunbhole camo Omegas at cabelas website for 499 right now.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys, i'm buying one or the other regardless of cost. Cost is notreally the determining factor. I was just wondering what exactly the advantages of the Pro hunter are over the regular Encore other than the new stock and swinghammer!!. thanks again!!
Old 01-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

anybody??
Old 01-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

No difference except the stock and swinghammer and may be the easy out breech plug.

I am a blued steel and wood stock guy myself so I like the Encore better. I have plenty of room under my scope for a gloved hand to operate the hammer so the swing hammer means nothing to me. I do like the idea of the easy out breech plug I am not sure if it comes on the Encore now as well.

Remember the Pro-Hunter is an encore so the barrels are all interchangable. Both rifles will shoot the same as well.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Ok, i'm relatively new to ML'ing and what does the regular encore have instead of the easy out breech plug? What purpose does the easy out breech plug serve?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Typical Buck

It means you only have to turn the plug 90 degrees and it then comes out like the breech on an older piece of artillery.. on an older Encore you have to screw out the plug not a big deal takes less than a minute and you only need to do it when cleaning. I'll put it this way, it is not worth it to me to buy the new barrel with the easy out plug because my rifle works fine as is but if it had it I would love it.

You need to get out to some gun shops and check out these features and see what you like. If you find a good shop that helps answer your questions and has what you want in stock reward them by buying the gun there as long at it is not priced way above the box store. Us shooters need to keep local shops alive as long as they are not out to rip us off. They need to charge a bit more than the big stores but having the local support especially you being new to BP is worth it.

Quick Reply: Encore or Pro Hunter???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.