Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Electra Magnum

Old 01-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Spike

Default CVA Electra Magnum

http://www.cva.com/products/rifle_electra.htm
Well What do you all think, and will states allow this type of ignition for black powder. I think it is great, no more forgeting the damn primer, ya it happens to the best of us.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:51 PM

Default RE: CVA Electra Magnum

Hmmm, I don't know how I feel about this one yet.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:06 PM

that friggin awesome! I doubt colorado will let us use it during muzzleloading season but it would be legal during rifle season!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:14 PM

Just don't hit the trigger while your seating the bullet. That gun is probably a lawsuit waiting to happen since it violates their own safety recommendations. http://www.cva.com/muzz/muzzsafety.htm
Place percussion cap on nipple only when ready to shoot
Maybe that should be disconnect the battery prior to loading.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:23 PM

Or you turn off the battery switch? on-off switch is there for a reason.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:30 PM

hmm look at these 3 rifles..Can you tell me what u notice different about them? Mainly looking at the ss/camo rifle. http://www.cva.com/products/riflepop_electra.htm
Old 01-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wolfhound76

Just don't hit the trigger while your seating the bullet.
I don't know, but I would bet that the safety would have to be put back on safe before it fires again. Just like a ground fault, once triggered it would have to be reset before power is restored. Meanwhile the capacitor is recharged just waiting for the safety to go to safe and back to fire. Lets put it this way, that's how I would design it.

I don't know how I feel about zero lock time. It is just to modern for my taste. Even so, I figure this rifle will be extremely popular with flinchers. Their groups will shrink remarkably with this rifle I suspect.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

FG, you trying to point out the typical CVA quality control?

That top one is aimed from the front.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:35 PM

I read somewhere on the Internet that the gun has to recycle for 20 seconds or so before it will fire again. Possibly to build up the charge. Pretty soon they won't need triggers just a toggle switch.

Mike
Old 01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

I think this might just be an idea that should not have been run to completion. I for one would not trust a switch or a cut off to make sure that the damn thing did not ignite just as I pushed the bullet down. I am a little nervous just loading quickly if there might be any sparks in the bore. I have done it hunting and never had it go off but I am very careful to not have my hand over the ramrod. In fact the one thing I like about the Hubbard ramrod for the NEF is that it is two inches longer that stock which allows having your hand wrapped around the rod when the bullet goes to full seat. Just read about someone that ran the ramrod through his hand with a similar accident.

Quick Reply: CVA Electra Magnum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.