Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

hows this look? Movie

Old 01-09-2007, 09:43 PM

Default hows this look? Movie

I did the paper test on cam, slides right up to the front lug with some resistance. Im going to shoot it once i order my new sights and buy more bullets. I'll go ahead and use my 90 grains rs/ 385 grain great plains bullet and see how it does at 100. Last year i got the groups down to 2" with these bullets.
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l200/frontier_gander/?action=view&current=100_2761.flv

I looked on my brothers 270 and its free floated but towards the breech area, theres some kind of epoxy. Whats that there for? just curious if mine needs that or not.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hows this look? Movie

frontier gander,

I would like to comment on the video but my dial up . . . well its just slow. Your brother's 270 sounds like its bedded fromt he lug back, the epoxy is bedding.

There is one thing I am very interested about. When you shoot with your floated barrel, shoot a group with the ramrod out, then shoot another with the ramrod in place. I would like to know if the ramrod changes POI when it is installed as opposed to when it isn't.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:33 PM

Ahhh dial up sucks! Look up Wildblue, its worth the extra $20 that u'd be paying for dial up with aol. wildblue is satilite internet and runs awesome.

I'll do that next time i shoot. I've shot it before without the ramrod before i floated the barrel and it didnt make a difference. i'll see what it does now that its flated. Those brass shims i made worked out like charm. I even took sabot's advice and i made 2 brass washers for the lug bolts and i noticed a little bit of material was being worn down some. im not sure why i made one for the rear bolt, it goes through the aluminum trigger guard, just did it bcuz.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get that dog off your bed!