Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

muzzeloader

Old 01-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: muzzeloader

ORIGINAL: alleyyooper

Over the years I have bought several new and used rifles and shot guns from Williams. They are good people to buy from and when they tell you a gun is in such and such condition you can bet every dollar it is what they say it is.
My last rifle bought was a used 50 cal Remington 700ML from them. They said it was in like NIB condition and it really did look as if had been shot very little.[] A friend bought a T/C Black Diamond which was listed, as is condition for $85.00 the barrel was in very ruff shape with pits and rust. T/C replaced that barrel free of charge for him. The rifle looks like new now.
Like Dave said visit some store where you can handle some rifles to see what you like. I alsoagree do not impulse buy you will regrett it latter.

Al
I see they have a 700ML on their web site. That would be a great gun for Southern_hunter194. I like the idea of agoodTC (Omega, Black Diamond)from Williams, you will get quality at a good price and it is warrantied for life, so there is really little risk.
Chap

Old 01-07-2007, 07:06 PM

The TC's are pretty expensive but they're worth the cash. I would save your money and get a really high quality rifle that will last a lifetime and has a lifetime warranty. I have two TC'sand will never NEED another. They aretheWoods Rifle(cheap Black Diamond for $110 at Wal Mart) and the awesome Omega($260--Cabelas). In my opinion they are worth the time spent saving hands down. Good quality is worth the effort and extra time. Don't rush into a purchase. You've got several months at least to go and get it so there's not any rush. Good luck. If your parents are paying for it then it's a different story. I think the best inexpensive gun is the NEF Sidekick for $150. It's a break action and has great reviews and quality. Two things I don't like about it are the Disc jackets and the ramrod but these are little things.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some people had problems with finding sabots that fit the early Omegas. Many post at this time last year we people trying to solve that delima. Also handle the Omega with your hunting gloves on. Many found the trigger guard restricted the use of heavy gloves.
Like Dave said in the start go to the differnt places in your area and handle all the rifles you can even used ones. Find the one that fits & feels good toyou, then that is the one to buy do not settle.
Just read Out door lovers post about the Apex.
We can only suggest, we won't shoot it, we won't be carrying it afield nor will we be spending time at the range with it to find the sweet load. Many will tell you what works for them.I also do not see any reason not to buy used from a dealer that has been around for a while.

This Black Diamond is at williams now.

USED T/C BLACKDIAMOND
RS12641 50 S/S CAMO XR
$259.95
An Encore

USED T/C ENCORE 209X50
414461 BLUE/WALNUT W/WREN
$465.00
An Omega

USED T/C OMEGA 50CAL
S99721 S/S SYN
$329.95
Remington 700ML I own two and would not sell them for any amount.

USED REMINGTON 700ML 50
ML223843 S/S SYNSTOCK
$225.00

Use this link to see every thing they have listed to date.
http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/813usedblkpowderguns.htm
Al
Old 01-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoorslover

If closed breech ML's are legal, I recommend the TC Omega. If you must have open breech look into a TC Black Diamond. I have had great experience with both of these guns and am a TC man myself. These are my recommendations. Good luck to you. Let us know what you get and we'll be happy to help you out. I'm 15 myself and love MLing. Happy shooting!!!

I couldn't agree more
Old 01-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

good toyou, then that is the one to buy do not settle.
With all due respect Al, perhaps he should also read the comments on the Apex of myself, dmurphy317, and scoutdad57. All of whom are experienced ML'ers with enough knowledge about ML'ing to know whether the value was there in our purchase. Outdoorlovers experience is limited (he's 15 years old) and I consider his assessments of both the Omega and Apex to be exagerated, (from my perspective).

I found the SS Apex to be of immense value at clearance of $180 as compared to a Z5 Blued Omega at clearance of $249. I do not in anyway regret my purchase nor do I feel that I settled. My advice to southern hunter is the same as my advice for Outdoorslover, "Get what you want, not what others want you to get" If you can, try them on for size. Try by all means possible to get a Stainless barrel if it fits the budget. Don't try to please others, please yourself.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Pglasgow

good toyou, then that is the one to buy do not settle.
With all due respect Al, perhaps he should also read the comments on the Apex of myself, dmurphy317, and scoutdad57. All of whom are experienced ML'ers with enough knowledge about ML'ing to know whether the value was there in our purchase. Outdoorlovers experience is limited (he's 15 years old) and I consider his assessments of both the Omega and Apex to be exagerated, (from my perspective).

I found the SS Apex to be of immense value at clearance of $180 as compared to a Z5 Blued Omega at clearance of $249. I do not in anyway regret my purchase nor do I feel that I settled. My advice to southern hunter is the same as my advice for Outdoorslover, "Get what you want, not what others want you to get" If you can, try them on for size. Try by all means possible to get a Stainless barrel if it fits the budget. Don't try to please others, please yourself.
thanks for the advice
thanks yall
Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 AM

I got a new muzzeloader
a TC black dimond it is a good shooting gun and it is accurt and its light
ive got 2 deer with it and im about to put a scope on it
it wasnt very expencive eather so try that
i think you can get it at wallmart, dicks, cabellas, or bass Pro
Old 01-09-2007, 07:19 PM

Pglasgow, if my comments are overexxagerated, then why do the TC's get so much better reviews frommost reputable people? That is the only question that needs answering. The CVA's don't have a good track record for a reason. If you don't wanna take advice from me because I'm 15 then don't. Take it from the overall experts---the professionals. I just think that you should get the top brand for your money. In my opinion the TC's are the top brand. The majority says so as well. The only reason CVA's sell so many is because they're cheap. People get suckered. I am completely confident that anyone who says they like a CVA better than a TC is overexaggerating.

I have 3 years knowledge of ML's and told you what I know. I would say that you can reach reasonable knowledge by that time. I spend every spare minute building it up. I know more than MANY adults I know, personally. No hard feelings Pgalsgow. I just had to share my thoughts. We all have opinions. I guess you thought yours over, butI don't agree.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:21 PM

Don't try to please others, please yourself.----That's all that matters, again. Whatever makes you happy.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:29 PM

just curious, but what groups are you shooting out of the rifle now?

Quick Reply: muzzeloader

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.