Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

breech plug removal with scope on my T/C

Old 12-30-2006, 06:46 PM

Default breech plug removal with scope on my T/C

Okay I just put a realtree Bushnell Sportsman on my Black Diamond and went to the range after bore sighting. Now my question to you guys is, what the crap do you use to get the thing out in less than 30 minutes with the factory wrench. I dont want to use pliers or anything and damage it or the threads but none of my sockets fit it either.i assume removal of the spring and an extension is the only way to it i just with there was a quicker solution.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: breech plug removal with scope on my T/C

That factory wrench that comes with the rifle is only good for checking the nipple and the breech plug to make sure they have not seized up. T/C sells a Deluxe Breech Plug Wrench for the Black Diamond. It works pretty good actually. The other thing you can use is a 7/16th socket on at least a 8 inch extension and a ratchet. That will bring them out and in the fastest.

After 10 shots just use that factory wrench and give the stuff a turn. Then you can keep on shooting until the hammer gets so fowled it will not move anymore. Then just pull that and wipe it off.

Also if you put QD rings on the rifle, you can remove the scope for easier cleaning and getting to the rifle and all the parts. That is a great shooting rifle you have there. Mine sure is.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:42 PM

Default RE: breech plug removal with scope on my T/C

i'll check out that wrench you are talking about. I love my Diamond but I'm still waiting to tune my load abit better before I make a little review of it. So far so good, I ran out of daylight today. But made for nice video on my buddy's phone of the flames in low light