Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hunting This Weekend ?

Old 12-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting This Weekend ?

Hey guys,

I'm heading out for a one day hunt this Saturday. It is on my buddies land, 40 acres in Lapeer MI. It's a doe only hunt.

I'll be carry my new Omega.

If I get one this Saturday it will be the first year that I've taken a deer with a bow, rifle and muzzleloader. Very excited about the trifecta!

Anyone else heading out this weekend?

Tom
Old 12-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting This Weekend ?

Good luck! I've only done that once in my life.

I'll be "huntin'" this weekend but I'm really going to call it more of a test than anything. It is going to be pouring down rain this weekend all weekend long so I'm taking the Genesis and seeing how it holds up in the wet. So far it has preformed beautifully but it's been nice weather the whole time.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:00 AM

You are lucky our season ended tuesday but good luck on that trifecta I did it last year. I did shoot a deer sat with my Omegait was the farthest I had ever shot a deer in NY state it was over 160 yards! this gun just keeps impressing me all the time. I dont consider my self a great shooter but this thing makes me look pretty good, I realy like the thumb hole stock for longer range shoots but it is a little cumbersome on quick shoots from my treestand.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: statjunk

Hey guys,

I'm heading out for a one day hunt this Saturday. It is on my buddies land, 40 acres in Lapeer MI. It's a doe only hunt.

I'll be carry my new Omega.

If I get one this Saturday it will be the first year that I've taken a deer with a bow, rifle and muzzleloader. Very excited about the trifecta!

Anyone else heading out this weekend?

Tom
Lord willing, I will be hunting in Oklahoma with my Dad. I-25 and I-70 are closed in Colorado where I live. I'm just waiting hear if US-50 is open and give crews a chance to do some road clearing. I may be leaving today, (keeping my fingers crossed). Good luck with your hunt Tom!
Old 12-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Pglasow - you be careful on them roads in that storm. I have been following that storm and it does not look too nice out there. No deer is worth that kind of risk.

Statjunk - good luck on your deer adventure. I just know you're going to score. I can feel it. That will be so cool. Plus we will get a first hand report of how well the rifle worked, and an interesting story to boot. Just be safe. That goes for all of you...........
Old 12-21-2006, 10:52 AM

Pglasgow, Send that snow up here to MN. There is something seriously wrong with the weather pattern here. The State was mowing grass in the ditches here this week! It is as brown as I have ever seen.[:@]
Old 12-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first trifecta year also, archery, shotgun, muzzleloader.

Buck tag burning a hole in my pocket asI speak. Hopefully I'll get a crack at a buck that has been leaving some big tracks near my stand.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

cayugad,

Your so right, no deer is worth it. I'mwon't betaking any chances. Odd thing is, we are in this little pocket that got almost no snow. Absolutely no accumulation. Ten miles away, its a whole different story. Storm is subsiding now, (sun is shining right here), and we're gonna give the road crews all day and all night to clear roads. I'll miss opening day. And I'm only gonna hunt as hard as my Dad care's to. The hunt is secondary to the visit.

HDRoadKing,

I wish I could give you little of our snow right now. But you know, I think they'd lynch me if I did! We've had our own drought here which has been going on for 6-7 years. Right now we just went above average for mountain snow fall, we need it to keep snowing (after I get home fer Christmas!) Best wishes to you guys, hope it snows for you soon.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're in the only pocket without snow I wonder if the deer will be moving big in that area? I wish you luck.

Thanks to all that wished me luck it would be awesome to accomplish this on Saturday. Rest assured I will report back.

Tom
Old 12-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: statjunk

If you're in the only pocket without snow I wonder if the deer will be moving big-time in that area? I wish you luck.

Thanks to all that wished me luck it would be awesome to accomplish this on Saturday. Rest assured I will report back.

Tom

Quick Reply: Hunting This Weekend ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.