Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Going,Going,GONE! T/C SOLD TO Smith & Wesson

Old 12-18-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Going,Going,GONE! T/C SOLD TO Smith & Wesson

Can't believe this,it sure caught me by suprize! http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5479&sid=d1068d1d303059b0f9399 1e63c5e3748
Old 12-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Going,Going,GONE! T/C SOLD TO Smith & Wesson

rks1949

I really do not think this is good.... Watch the first thing to change will be the life-time warranty... to bad...
Old 12-18-2006, 05:03 PM

Yeah,and S&W's customerservice,isn't even close to T/C's.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:03 PM

i think thats what has finally caught up with TC, all the free replacements and work over 40 years is surely going to hurt. And now the trigger work on the omegas/encores. Now its nice to offer free replacement worn out parts but i know if i were in thatbusiness, its going to hurt you as you start building up more and more customers. Now the limited lifetime warranty thats mostly out there, if it breaks and its out fault, we replace it with no problem. You break it, you pay for it. You leave your barrel dirty and it pitts, thats your own fault for being lazy. I agree with the limited warranty. Its great that TC offers such good services but i believe it has caught up with them finally.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

What will happen with the muzzleloaders? This sucks!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, I wonder if this will hurt the groups Im getting from my Encore.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sharp Shooter

Smith and Wesson will service them. If they deem that the damage was not the result of defects in materials and workmanship, you will pay for the repair to include labor and parts.Just like the warranty reads and just like everyone else administers a warranty.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO this is strictly a business decision. I do not believe anyone will notice any difference. How many of us knew who owned TC before this? I doubt if there where very many of us? I sure did not. Combined they may be able to fight the litigation more effectively. Smith has learned alot after what they went through a few years back, when they were owned by a PC company. This could actually save TC money. I believe this could be a good thing.

They do not have any overlap of products. TC is great at investment casting, and S&W is fantastic at machining.S&W is one of the last great tool and die makers in America. This really could be a good thing. Tom.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:59 AM

Their warranty didn't catch up to them, it's what made them better than many others and a big factor in their success. I doubt S&W bought T/C because they were on the ropes. Kind of like Toyota, they make a better than average product and back it up, lots of companies make decent cars but few take care of their customers like Toyota and T/C does the same, that's what brings me back.

There will be changes for T/Cdown the roadand I fear they will not all be good but only time will tell.

Doug
Old 12-19-2006, 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Pglasgow

ORIGINAL: Sharp Shooter

Smith and Wesson will service them. If they deem that the damage was not the result of defects in materials and workmanship, you will pay for the repair to include labor and parts.Just like the warranty reads and just like everyone else administers a warranty.
You got that right! AND it will NEVER be THEIR FAULT,get YOUR WALLET OUT!

Quick Reply: Going,Going,GONE! T/C SOLD TO Smith & Wesson

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.