Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Going,Going,GONE! T/C SOLD TO Smith & Wesson

Old 12-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Going,Going,GONE! T/C SOLD TO Smith & Wesson

I had an experiance similar to what Pglsgow relates. I posted it in detail here a couple times, so won't go there again in detail.
It was the top of the line th Omega laminate. Had 2 previous Omegas that where great.
Short story - this one wasn't - sent it in - detailed explaination of my problems was ignored - stock returned damaged - 4 different messages left where never returned.
Sold ot for less then half of what I had in it to someone who knew every detail of my experiance - with 2 pyro pellets and the special 3 petal sabots, he is able to load and hit a 4" circle at 50yds - his hunting range.
Will never have another TC unless QC is improved greatly by S&W - ei consistant bore sizes.

Best customer service is the one you never need.

Steve
Old 12-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike

Wow.

I do hope that you mean you there are no problems.

Please don'tread into the things I wrote anything which wasn't there. I don't like bad mouthing either, you know how much it bothers me. The incidents I was referring to involved txhunter58 and some others who participated in his and similar threads. I watched txhunter58 throughhis entireprocess. I never anticipated that their problems would not be resolved by T/C considering T/C's reputation. If you read my original comments in that thread, it was "send it to them, they'll take care of you" . Even before it was sent to T/C, Trip was priminghim for nothing to happen. It just seemed to conflict with other things he was saying.

My sense from what transpired was that T/C disagreed that anything needed fixed or replaced. I admit that his/their service needs were in a area which isn't black and white like where something is broken.Even somanyhave posted that their problems were resolvedby going around T/C to gunsmiths and the like to recrown, work trigger, and so on when T/C failed to satisfy them. Itwas mentioned more than once thatthey, at least theoretically, voided their warranty by doing this. I guess I feel their discomfort about it vicariously.

But you are right. My level of satisfaction with T/C is just as high as yours and I have nothad any bad dealings or denied any service. I am not speaking of my own experience and Ishould not repeat what other have said.You have been offended and I deeply regret that.Please do forgive me.

Take care alland havegreatChristmas holiday.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pglasgow

My level of satisfaction with T/C is just as high as yours and I have nothad any bad dealings or denied any service. I am not speaking of my own experience and Ishould not repeat what other have said.You have been offended and I deeply regret that.Please do forgive me.
not even a hint of offense taken - it is a discussion - no forgiving needed...

but you know this is exaclty how the whole Spanish barrel thing got started. One man says next guy swears to it but do you personally know of those guys and what the agenda might be... I would bet you most every company in the world has a skeleton and that skeleton grows with every tale... I forgot how tall Paul Bunyon is these days... but he got bigger as history was written...

Ain't life great...

It is 3:00 - gotta to go downtown to see if the pony express has made it to Moscow yet (yes it takes an extra day to ge to Moscow from anywhere - everything has to go to Sokane first...)with my new .17 Savage....