Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I'm Selling My SS Sidekick

Old 12-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm Selling My SS Sidekick

I'd like$125 (to include shipping)for it. I've run somewhere in the neighborhood of 650 shots through her, so she's is used and reflects that in some scratches on the stock, mostly on the forearm. There are some scratches on the receiver from removing the breech plug. It will come all the primer carriers I have left. The breech plug hasplace on it where breech gas has cut it. Everyone will recall I broke the ramrod, but I did get that replaced with an OEM rod. The new rod has never been used. She's a tight shooter. If anyone is interested in buying it, contact me by private message.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I'm Selling My SS Sidekick

Pglasgow

you truly do have the disease - it impossible to get over it... but man it is fun...

I just ran down town to get some rock salt for the water softner @ wal-mart - but I stopped on the way to see Charlie at SureShot Guns and Archery - ordered a new varmit gun a Savage 93R17-BV - be here Tuesday - be sighting it in Wednesday....

Almost forgot - While in SureShot i was looking around his used ML's - he had a really nice used X-150... FG is right - the stock is a whole firmer than my Firebolt - everything about it - is tighter than the Firebolt.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:21 PM

They are nice solid stocks huh. I looked at the firebold and while they share some looks but at the tip of the stock the firebolt curves down with that knob at the end. Now im not bragging so noone turn the mob out on me but i love the solid stock on the x-150, very comfy and the palm swell fits my hand perfectly. How much was he asking for it anyways? I know a guy with an x-150 shot maybe 10 times and he wants $200 for the SS fluted barrel/camo stock. If you have a chance sabot, see if he'll let you pull the stock off. If you ever do, you'll be amazed at the weight of that sucker. You'll also noticed that it will tip backwards and once the barrel is on, balance almost perfectly in your hand, while its shouldered, the weight in the back of the stock, pushes into your shoulder rather than falling forward and out of your shoulder. But get back to me with a price he was asking on it. ss/camo?
Old 12-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

FG

I really did not look at the price that much - I was toying with the gun more than looking at the price. It really has not been shot that much. Fluted Stainless/Camo stock both barrels 45 & 50. Just called him he said it was on consignment marked $325... But it really looks in exceptional condition...
Old 12-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Pglasgow

you truly do have the disease - it impossible to get over it... but man it is fun...
Mike,

My situation is totally, utterly, without hope. But it is fun!
Old 12-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pglasgow

and that is what is all about...

tried to send you a PM - they saod you PM box was full...
Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader
tried to send you a PM - they saod you PM box was full...
I fixed that. I guess only 50 pm's are allowed in the inbox. Sorry about that.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, the sidekick sold.